Activating a MIDI input for audio effect

Hi! I have a harmonizer VSTi (called 'La Voz Cantante'), which takes audio signal and harmonizes it, based on MIDI input. I know I can do it with the plugin, because I already did it a year ago, but I don't remember HOW I did it (or maybe after a few updates things got changed).

It's 32-bit and it doesn't have that panel on top, on which I should activate MIDI inputs. The way I did it previously was I added the effect to the audio track, then created a MIDI track, which's output was router to the plugin itself.

Are there any "hidden" ways of making Cakewalk realise it can output MIDI to the plugin?

Edited by Grzegorz Moskal

Really should find a 64bit replacement plug-in.

That said,  to open the standard header for plug-ins loaded into BitBridge hold down the ALT key when opening the plug-in UI. 

Usually the header opens behind the plug-in UI.

• Like 1

Hmm, found this issue: on the plug-in list it states that the plugin is "4 in, 2 out", as it probably can also use audio as modulator and now I can see that the plugin appeared on send list. So maybe it's a matter of making it realise I seek for MIDI, not audio modulator.

Edited by Grzegorz Moskal

18 minutes ago, Grzegorz Moskal said:

I don't quite understand. When do I need to press ALT?

To see the standard header for 32bit plug-ins, hold down the ALT when adding the plug-in to the project or when ever opening the plug-in's graphical interface.

The good news is, the plug-in mentioned in the OP has a 64bit version. Try it instead of the old 32bit version.

2 minutes ago, scook said:

To see the standard header for 32bit plug-ins, hold down the ALT when adding the plug-in to the project or when ever opening the plug-in's graphical interface.

The good news is, the plug-in mentioned in the OP has a 64bit version. Try it instead of the old 32bit version.

ok, it took me half an hour to understand it has to be THE RIGHT ALT :D