PA Easter Surprise!

cclarry

Just now, Piotr said:

I have E646 VS and like it the most of all PA amps for metalo-rockish fun.  With different cabs it gives many flavours.

However it suffers from typical  PA amps workflow killers like:  long combo list of cabinets to pick and IR loader at the end, no input meter (changing input volume drastically change tone), better to install VST2 as in VST3 version of plugin preset menu not working (reported 1-2 years to PA but seems totally ignored).

Oddly, VST3 Presets many times do not have a drop down a list.  With the VST loaded, you select
the preset area, and it will say "Load Preset", which you select, and then you pick from the list there.
Many VST3 plugins seem to suffer from this malady!

Got the ENGL E646VS for 4$...... Really, I can't miss on amp sim, however bad reviews might be :P Played on it and found it be quite decent ! Especially good on the cleans..... For Hi Gains, anyways I use a PRS Archon from Waves (for my 8 stringer) which I feel is the ultimate high gain amp, and Kuassa Creme (for more 80s style high gain), . For all other purposes, I use the Audio Assault amps which are too good for their price. The only amp sims I'm disappointed with are Kazrog Thermionik.... Somehow, they seem to have that fuzz one encounters in Bias FX and other such suites with high gain.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Oddly, VST3 Presets many times do not have a drop down a list.  With the VST loaded, you select
the preset area, and it will say "Load Preset", which you select, and then you pick from the list there.
Many VST3 plugins seem to suffer from this malady!

True. But hard to say what is the source of the problem. Bad implementation of menu of VST3 plugin container or plugin itself. Anyway sadly PA did nothing to fix it. Some manufacturers use its own presets system not relying on VST3 container and it is kind of workaround if it is fault at DAW level.

I am always installing only VST2 version of PA plugins because of this issue.

For instance Audiffex inValve compressor is using VST3 container presets option and it is working fine. Like below so it would suggests it is not DAW preventing plugin manufacturers to implement it well :(

invalve-vst3.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 2:11 PM, Grem said:

Kite, if you have those three, send a support ticket to sales and they will give you a NFR version of the Channel X

They did.  It's kinda odd that Channel X gives you the 3 plugins as well. Also I had to activate them again.