Can you 'accept' edited transients?

Mark Bastable

Question

Let's say I'm a lousy bass player. I can get all the notes in the right order, but I'm not as dead on the groove as I would like. So, post recording,  I shift an awful lot of audio transients to get the notes just where I want them.

I don't know how Cakewalk 'stores' my changes. I guess either as a kinda edited hardcopy of the original, or as a file of instructions of what to change, or by processing my changes on the wing each time it's played. But in either case, all those changes are taking up resource of some sort.

Is it possible to 'accept' the changes, like you would an edit in Word? So, make them permanent, so that what you're left with is just a simple audio track? 

It's not that I'm short of storage. It's more that I feel that the edit is sort of 'not set', and that bugs me a bit. And if CW's processing the changes every time, that's needless CPU usage.

M

Edited by Mark Bastable

2 answers to this question

1 minute ago, tecknot said:

Hi Mark,

You can simply Bounce to Clip(s) or Bounce to Track(s) depending on how you are working.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Ah, of course. I thought that was just a way of blending multiple clips. But I can see how it would work for edited transients. 

Ta.