Paypal voucher (crypto)

Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann

5 hours ago, locrian said:

I wonder how much longer this can continue.

I remember a guy back in the late 70's saying the same thing about the stock market. He was telling everyone, "The ballon can't be inflated anymore! This can't continue!"

Edited by Grem

6 hours ago, Grem said:

I remember a guy back in the late 70's saying the same thing about the stock market. He was telling everyone, "The ballon can't be inflated anymore! This can't continue!"

I remember a guy back in the mid 80's saying the stock market would continue to rise forever.  But then Black Monday happened.  And then came the Tech Wreck.  And then the Subprime Meltdown.  And don't forget 1929.

Since 1987 these unwindings have been occurrring about once a decade.  Markets are cyclical.  They rise and then they fall.  But maybe this time really is different and stocks will continue to rise forever (fueled by endless money printing).  Who knows...

4 hours ago, locrian said:

Since 1987 these unwindings have been occurrring about once a decade.  Markets are cyclical.  They rise and then they fall.  But maybe this time really is different and stocks  INFLATION will continue to rise forever (fueled by endless money printing).  Who knows...

Fixed it for you...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Fixed it for you...

Thanks. 😉

It seems that contemporary economists are no longer concerned with inflation.  But now that it's occurring in the broader economy rather than just in the stock market (i.e., asset price inflation), they may actually have to [gasp] raise rates and risk collapsing the current bubble.  But given the prevalence, popularity, and profitability of MMT, they'll probably just continue printing until they reach Weimar-level inflation.  Good times!

5 minutes ago, locrian said:

they'll probably just continue printing until they reach Weimar-level inflation

Let's hope that we never achieve that! But raising interest rates now sure looks like it would crash everything.

• Like 1