Alternative To OVOX

I'm looking for a plug-in like OVOX.  I read that it is not compatible with Cakewalk, but I decided to try anyway.  I got it installed, but it seems to behave in unpredictable ways.  Their Chat Help confirmed that Cakewalk use is not supported.  Is there a VST that has similar voice tools? 

I like the wild effects it has and it seems to have voice tuning (auto tune) that is far superior to GSnap.  I put my voice track into GSnap and it sounded different, but not much better.  In OVOX as I played with the settings it seemed like my voice was much more in tune, but the settings seem to get reset every time I press Play in Cakewalk and some of the OVOX settings don't seem to do what they are supposed to do in Cakewallk.  It is tantalizing and I hope there is something similar at a similar price.

1 hour ago, scook said:

previous discussion

I thought about resurrecting that old thread, but it went off the rails a bit at the end.  It also didn't seem to have any recommendations near the same price point as OVOX ($47).  It seems like OVOX packs a lot of punch at that price, but is not fully functional with Cakewalk.

9 minutes ago, scook said:

IIRC, iZotope Vocal Synth was on sale for $49 when I posted the link.

The sale is long over but I am sure it will be repeated at least once more this year.

You didn't have to tell me that.  LOL

I'll see if I can sign up for notifications on their website.  Edit: Done.  I'll watch for future sales.

Edited by DallasSteve

I went back to look at OVOX one more time.  I had an idea that maybe I could develop a song in Cakewalk, record my vocals there, then export them to some other DAW compatible with OVOX, process the vocal track there, and finally import it back into Cakewalk.  I really like the OVOX  features and how it made my voice sound, to the extent I could get it to work in Cakewalk.  Then I saw this note in the OVOX Tech Specs section:

Cakewalk users:
The latest version of OVox is not compatible with Cakewalk. We are working on making it compatible soon. In the meantime, please refrain from installing or updating the latest version of OVox, as this may result in Cakewalk hanging. If you wish to install Ovox, or have updated prior to seeing this message, please contact Waves Tech Support, and we will provide you with the previous OVox version for installation.

So I may contact Waves Tech Support and see if they can give me the previous version.   Then maybe in the not too distant future they will get it working with Cakewalk.  I don't want to switch to a new DAW for my basic development because I have already learned a lot about Cakewalk and it seems like a good DAW.

I, too, use Ovox successfully with the latest version of CW, but I had to have Waves send me a rollback version after their first update.  But, for whatever reason, it does work.  They issued a plug-in called Vocalbender, which is kind of like a lite version of Ovox that works well on CW, so you might check that out.  I will say that Ovox is a resource hog, but when it works, it is unique.

• Thanks 1