Question About Screensets

When I call up two files (it doesn't matter which folder they're in and it doesn't matter whether they are .cwp files or template files) and try to import the screenshots from one file to the other the import works fine, but the file that I am importing from is always named "symphony #9".  It doesn't matter what I name or rename the file I am importing from, it always has the same name.  Somewhere lurking in that file is the name "symphony #9" but I don't know where. 

Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks and much appreciated as usual,

Jerry

Probably no answer because I don't think people use screen sets anymore. Myself I looked at this thread yesterday and realized I forget how to even use them because it's been a long time.  I use workspaces. Just set things up the way you like , and save as a new workspace. I have about 6 of them and that seems to cover most situations I need. If you really need to use them then I'm sure the answer is in the documentation. Just Google Cakewalk-Screensets. 

1 minute ago, John Vere said:

Probably no answer because I don't think people use screen sets anymore. Myself I looked at this thread yesterday and realized I forget how to even use them because it's been a long time.  I use workspaces. Just set things up the way you like , and save as a new workspace. I have about 6 of them and that seems to cover most situations I need. If you really need to use them then I'm sure the answer is in the documentation. Just Google Cakewalk-Screensets. 

Wow, I use them all the time, they're very useful for the way I work. I've never found workspaces to be as necessary, but that just reveals how everyone uses a program differently. 

On 7/30/2021 at 5:48 PM, jsg said:

When I call up two files (it doesn't matter which folder they're in and it doesn't matter whether they are .cwp files or template files) and try to import the screenshots from one file to the other the import works fine, but the file that I am importing from is always named "symphony #9".  It doesn't matter what I name or rename the file I am importing from, it always has the same name.  Somewhere lurking in that file is the name "symphony #9" but I don't know where. 

Browser Notes maybe?

8 hours ago, jsg said:

It doesn't matter now. I've decided to stop using screensets and use workspaces instead. They work like layouts used to which suits my workflow better... 

The screensets are counterintuitive when it comes to duplicating and renaming…never been successful at this.  However, I do use them often as they do not affect my control bar, custom menus,, modules, and do not affect color schemes that workspaces do.  

workspace is about changing the interface for a particular type of session such as Recording and them a seprate for mixing.  They dont just change the browser and console windows around, they also enable and disable various functions and user access.  

Screensets are simply quick and customizable window view resizing and browser/type inviee/collapse.  Screensets do not mess with or toggle on/off other sensitive settings and  changes to the control bar.

10 hours ago, clovis said:

The screensets are counterintuitive when it comes to duplicating and renaming…never been successful at this.  However, I do use them often as they do not affect my control bar, custom menus,, modules, and do not affect color schemes that workspaces do.  

workspace is about changing the interface for a particular type of session such as Recording and them a seprate for mixing.  They dont just change the browser and console windows around, they also enable and disable various functions and user access.  

Screensets are simply quick and customizable window view resizing and browser/type inviee/collapse.  Screensets do not mess with or toggle on/off other sensitive settings and  changes to the control bar.

Workspaces do not have to affect those areas and parameters you named above.  Go to manage workspaces and you can uncheck any of the items you don't want the workspace to change.