Bars are too wide in staff view

Richard Carson Morton

Question

7 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum.
I assume you have notes in the staff?
If it is a recorded performance, remember that Cakewalk records exactly what is played, and since no one has perfect timing, some of your notes will be out of time when referenced to the tempo and note standard note durations, resulting in a messed up display. Under Views, select Trim Durations and see if that cleans things up a little bit.

staffoptions.png

• Like 1

Hi, I'd like to add a comment to 57Gregy's post, that it seems bar size depends on its content (many notes or few notes may result in different sizes).

Also one could change the page rastral size, selecting Print Preview on Staff View Print Menu, and clicking on Configure button. That will result in different music sheet sizes.

Edited by mgustavo

22 hours ago, Richard Carson Morton said:

Thank you both. I appreciate it. Now all I have to do is figure out how to add extra verses, lines of lyrics, beneath the same notes.

It's pretty easy. Open the Staff view, click on the Lyrics button at the top. Start below your first note and type in the words. Hitting the Space bar (and I think the Tab key) advances the cursor to the next note.
For multi-syllable words advance the cursor between each syllable if the word uses several notes.

alyrics.png