IN THE BEGINNING ( ACT 1 )

Supa Reels

I didn't see this one coming.  This will be great when it's done.  Already, it's so fluid with a vintage, yet modern sound.  Yeah, I couldn't hear the first vocal section very well either, but it was just right afterwards.  Good luck with this!  If you stage it then please make a video!

• Thanks 1

Sounds very promising Steve. You mentioned putting it on stage so I'm assuming you're making a musical?
I'm liking the music so far, esp the song ~4:20.  Had some trouble understanding the narrative so not sure what's going on but I get the gist.
Best of luck with this my friend but I'm sure you'll succeed. Can't wait to hear what you come up with.
-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2021 at 6:57 AM, bjornpdx said:

Sounds very promising Steve. You mentioned putting it on stage so I'm assuming you're making a musical?
I'm liking the music so far, esp the song ~4:20.  Had some trouble understanding the narrative so not sure what's going on but I get the gist.
Best of luck with this my friend but I'm sure you'll succeed. Can't wait to hear what you come up with.
-Bjorn

On 8/8/2021 at 10:44 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Steve, same comments as Bjorn from me - this sounds very promising indeed - hope you get it finished and staged - will be great

Best of luck

Nigel

On 8/8/2021 at 1:36 PM, Wookiee said:

This does have promise all the epic-ness of a classic Rock Opera. 

Thankyou for the encouragement and comments as I have a lot of history in this project so I hope I can get it done and staged .. as for now ...it's back to reality as the boss wants me to put in a new Kitchen !  Life in the fast lane 🛠️

SupaReels . . . wow, an album, a stage production, a new kitchen, by the end of the year . . . now that is ambitious ! Just go for it man. 

I like what you have so far a lot . . . though, wish I could understand more of the opening narrative that sets it up . . . but I'm sure you'll fix that mix stuff as you go . . . are you going to post some progress mixes ? . . . please do ! I really like to see stuff like this evolve.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, noynekker said:

SupaReels . . . wow, an album, a stage production, a new kitchen, by the end of the year . . . now that is ambitious ! Just go for it man. 

I like what you have so far a lot . . . though, wish I could understand more of the opening narrative that sets it up . . . but I'm sure you'll fix that mix stuff as you go . . . are you going to post some progress mixes ? . . . please do ! I really like to see stuff like this evolve.

The idea seems to be good although I think what is apparent is the vox is too low, something I will address on the final mix, thankyou for the feedback on this and taking the time to comment.

Steve

I've been complaining a bit lately on the "state" of my ears.
I would bring the vocal/narrative up a bit more, but see above.

That being said, high marks overall from me; pretty epic!

t

On 8/10/2021 at 6:23 AM, Wookiee said:

"She That Must Be Obeyed" speaks one does not argue with the "Senior Management".

I live but to serve thee my Queen...

23 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Tried to drop a "like" and "comment" over at SoundCloud.
This is set to "private" maybe?
Just curious...

t

Hello mate, yes I made it private as it's not finished and I was only interested in guys here on this site ... as they are more attuned to this kind of stuff. 

Big thanks for listening and the 'like' as it means a lot ....

Stay well

Steve

• Like 2

19 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

The sotto voce basses in the main theme could come up a little.  As usual, your words are stellar.   Those 6 minutes flew by, mark of a good piece.  You have a great imagination, would love to see this performed.

Thankyou for the comments and advice David, it's a long way off but I will get there  ... thanks again for listening ...ATB

Steve