Green Selection Bar Interferes With Edits

DallasSteve

Question

There is a green/gray selection bar that appears in the track timeline from time to time when I do something.  I don't know what it is and I don't want it, at least not right now.  I wish it would only appear if I take some explicit action to set it.  It's interfering with my attempts to transpose an entire track.  It will only transpose that part of the track.  Plus, it looks like a second sub-section of track 5 is being selected, and I don't know what that means.  Can somebody explain what's going on with the selections and how I can make it go away or at least tell me a way to select all notes in the track to transpose them?

Cakewalk2.jpg

2 answers to this question

This green bar appears alongside the selection bar whenever something is selected.   It's actually the selection itself that defines part of the track that you want to transpose (or perform any editing function).

See:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=NewFeatures.079.html

The way to make them invisible is by using the Cakewalk theme editor to set opacity of the Selection Marker to 0%.  This is under the item Theme > Time Ruler > Markers.  The item name is “Selection Markers”.  Note, even though this makes them invisible, they still function as if they are visible.

To select all notes in a given track, click the track number in the track pane. (might want to deselect all first)

Promidi

Thanks.  That helped.  However, when I clicked on the track number it was still just selecting the notes in the green range.  But if I Select All first, which selects all notes, all tracks, and then click the track number, that seems to give me what I need.