Korg Collection 3 - adds Prophecy, MiniKorg 700s and Triton Extreme - Discounted Intro and Upgrade Price

stony

Well... I changed my mind about this. After watching many videos and sound demos and also considering that Korg have not lowered the price of this collection bellow a certain point (f.i. I paid $99 for the original collection years ago) I decided not wait and get the whole shebang  for $150. I just hope that this will give me a better deal if, ever, Korg grows the collection again.

Also, the Prophecy is not incomplete as I thought. They just grouped 3 types of physical model oscillators into one.

• Like 3

noticed today there is an update to Triton and Triton_Extreme...to version '.01' plus an update to the Software Pass application (to 1.1.4 iirc)

On windows the software pass is still confused as to what you have installed - plus the installers seem to throw the vst2 .dll wherever they like so worth checking before you click 'next' on the installers.

• Thanks 2

So I woke up this morning, fired up my copy of AKAI VIP 3, and after it scanned my new KORG plugins, guess what?

There were factory preset maps available for some of them!!! 😎

The VIP preset browser has these all tagged by "Instrument | Timbre | Style | Articulation".

M1: 1524 presets

MonoPoly: 257 presets

MS-20: 32 presets

Polysix: 32 presets

Wavestation: 900 presets

Edited by abacab
  • Like 3

So far I'm loving the new instruments. I have a HW Prophecy and the emulation is near enough and a lot easier to program . What surprised me though was the miniKORG 700S. A very nice sounding synth and with all the limitations of the original. The Tritons are also OK and although I always preferred the Roland romplers the cloud thing is not for me. Roland... I'll use HW. But for the classic Korg sound the emulations are fine.

• Like 4

The Korg-meister!

Skippy mentioned in the livestream that the Prophecy (released in 1995) was the first Korg synth to offer physical modeling synthesis. So Korg has continued to build on those algorithms for over two decades. It's fairly rudimentary tech in the Prophecy, but still fun to experiment with. He gives a short programming tutorial in the latter part of the recorded livestream. 😎

And somebody asked in the chat if any other Korg Collection synths were in the "Unified" pipeline. Skippy said that the M1 and Wavestation were being actively worked on. I believe @ZincTmay have some involvement over at the Unify forum... :)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Fleer said:

Indeed, Zinc Trumpet is doing great things. Would be wonderful to see a Unified M1 and Wavestation. Those are my favorites in the Korg Collection. 

these are both in the original collection, doesn't legacy cell allow combo (+ presets)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, dee said:

even that korg offers 50% off for upgrades i still have 99usd upgrade offer from V2 collection to V3, same like half a year ago....

Yeah it's ridiculous really. I assume they think they can make some easy money from us suckers, er- I mean existing customers.

• Sad 1

On 8/15/2021 at 5:52 PM, Fleer said:

Would be wonderful to see a Unified M1 and Wavestation. Those are my favorites in the Korg Collection. 

For those with Akai VIP 3, you can layer up to eight synths in a VIP multi, so it is possible to build a mammoth Korg + Unify multi (1–8 patches from 1 or more plugins).

The VIP preset browser has presets tagged by "Instrument | Timbre | Style | Articulation". So using the presets in VIP it is possible to build a multi for the Korg M1 and Wavestation, and then add Unify as another instrument in any 1 of the 8 VIP patch channels (layers).

Unify presets are not VIP mapped, but you can open up the Unify GUI within VIP, and manually choose the Unify presets and additional Unify layers you wish within a Unify instance.

Korg M1: 1524 VIP presets

Korg Wavestation: VIP 900 presets

Unify: Unlimited layers of any plugin. One really neat trick here is that Unify can open VST3 plugins, even wile running as a VST2 plugin at the time. In this instance VIP 3 cannot run VST3 plugins natively, but with a little Unify magic, BOOM! Load a VST3 only layer inside of Unify, inside of VST2 only VIP! :)

VIP with Korg + Unify.JPG

Edited by abacab