Korg Collection 3 - adds Prophecy, MiniKorg 700s and Triton Extreme - Discounted Intro and Upgrade Price

stony

19 minutes ago, abacab said:

I got the M1 Le with a hardware bundle a while back. Yet didn't have any Korg collections.

So now they are offering the Korg Collection 3 to me for $199. Deal?

Assuming you like the plugins, last year I upgraded to v2 for $299.  So all of v3 which includes v2 for $199 is a great deal.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

23 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Assuming you like the plugins, last year I upgraded to v2 for $299.  So all of v3 which includes v2 for $199 is a great deal.

Thanks! I missed owning the original Korg M-1, but I was impressed with the sounds in the local music store! But I did end up with a Korg X2, 76 key workstation.

But that was right about the time that I discovered PC based MIDI sequencers. So I sold my Korg. Don't ever sell your Korg, LOL!

Missed those sounds! So I think it's great that you can get them in a VST now! :)

Plus the Wavestation is a mythical beast that I never got my hands on!

Edited by abacab

This is a very special Livestream - we're going to look at the Korg Collection V3 which has 10 Instruments in it (Introductory Sale Price is NUTS) - 5 of those synthesizers I spent many years of my life programming the patches for with a talented team of synth programmers from around the world. I'll do a little bit of "Memory Lane" while exploring some of these synthesizers... SPECIAL GUESTS Jack Hotop and Peter Schwartz (who also made patches for many of these synths) WILL BE SHOWING UP!! You won't want to miss this one! Also MINIMAL's very powerful RIFT Audio Effect will be reviewed and if there is any time left, we'll do some synth 101 programming lessons.

See Ya at 12pm PDT on Saturday

Edited by abacab
  • Like 3

On 7/30/2021 at 2:41 AM, simon said:

I don't use the Korg stuff much - I have collection V2 -  but just checked my account and it had Triton_Extreme already there ?  Might be worth taking a look.

for $99 for just 2 extra synths doesn't seem so great.   Especially as the website (and install) experience is pretty poor. 

I have too many synths, I have all of the popular ones and and Arturia.   I hate the whole Korg online eco system,  I get 5 installs with Arturia and like their eco system.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, abacab said:

This was a wonderful livestream. It is so wonderful to see the people behind the curtain who have brought these iconic instruments to life. I really enjoyed watching.

Now if I can only get the Korg instrument downloader to actually download the right version number 😳😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, abacab said:

The Korg software downloader worked correctly for me. Did you install the latest Korg Software Pass?

Yes, that is the issue I am running into.
It seems the setup from the latest download link I had from their website was still installing the older executable.
When I would try and run the UPDATE from inside of the Software Pass, it too would download the same, older version.
Where did you get your Software Pass link?

I submitted a request as well, so we shall see.

4 hours ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

Where did you get your Software Pass link?

A link to KORG_Software_Pass_1_1_3 with a Setup.exe v1.1.3 was emailed to me by the KORG Shop.

This link at a KORG page downloads the same Setup.exe with a v1.1.3 file. The file hashes match. :)https://id.korg.com/static_pages/3

That being said, Software Pass seems to have a strange little bug for me. It still shows two products as uninstalled, although I did download all good installers and installed them all successfully. Not a real problem though, but it may offend those with OCD. 😉

I will ignore the false error ...

Edited by abacab
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, abacab said:

That being said, Software Pass seems to have a strange little bug for me. It still shows two products as uninstalled, although I did download all good installers and installed them all successfully

same here

• Thanks 1

UPDATE

So I finally was able to update my Korg Software Pass. 
There seemed to be a left over Software Pass EXE in the Program Files/Korg Folder after I had run the uninstallation.
When I deleted that, I was able to update to the latest version and found that I had the Triton Extreme updates along with all of the other goodies waiting.

• Like 1