Musiclab RealGuitar

cclarry

Call me picky if you like, but I'm not a fan of their upgrade or lose your ability to install your existing products policy.

That and the way their demos overwrite earlier versions so if you don't buy the when the demo expires you have uninstall it completely  and then reinstall your older version, except you can't now because they won't let you activate your old version any longer.

13 minutes ago, paulo said:

Call me picky if you like, but I'm not a fan of their upgrade or lose your ability to install your existing products policy.

That and the way their demos overwrite earlier versions so if you don't buy the when the demo expires you have uninstall it completely  and then reinstall your older version, except you can't now because they won't let you activate your old version any longer.

I never knew they had that policy Paulo.   I have only demoed the Real Guitar 3 and then I liked it so much I purchased it.  After that I upgraded to Real Guitar IV and revived Real Guitar V for Free when it came out.  I haven't needed to activate Real Guitar after getting the next update or promised next version.  I always keep a copy of the Reg Key and all of my installed software and plugins on an external HD for back up .

1 hour ago, jesse g said:

I never knew they had that policy Paulo.   I have only demoed the Real Guitar 3 and then I liked it so much I purchased it.  After that I upgraded to Real Guitar IV and revived Real Guitar V for Free when it came out.  I haven't needed to activate Real Guitar after getting the next update or promised next version.  I always keep a copy of the Reg Key and all of my installed software and plugins on an external HD for back up .

I do have the installer and the reg key for the versions I paid for and currently it works fine as a 32-bit vst. When I discovered a while back that the 64 bit version was missing on my system for some reason I couldn't find the installer info so I signed in to my account to get the installer again and my licences are gone. I thought somebody had maybe hacked the account and done something so I contacted them and they said that they had removed them and that I would have to upgrade to the new versions to get them back.

I later found my original installer info, but now I'm wary of installing the 64 bit version in case it messes the existing authorisation up and then I will have nothing at all and because their newer version demos overwrite older versions I couldn't try them if I wanted to now without being forced to buy them, so I go with what I have and will replace them with other products as I don't appreciate being held to ransom. 

Edited by paulo

yonks ago, i sold my rg as i thought the time spent learning the vst could be spent learning basic guitar, but they were arsey and said i could n;t resell the license... until i pointed out that their eula actually stated that i could... they gave me an "ok, one-off" ok to resell the license, then issued an update that changed the eula... won't be buying shit from them any time soon...

/fyi

1 hour ago, pwalpwal said:

yonks ago, i sold my rg as i thought the time spent learning the vst could be spent learning basic guitar, but they were arsey and said i could n;t resell the license... until i pointed out that their eula actually stated that i could... they gave me an "ok, one-off" ok to resell the license, then issued an update that changed the eula... won't be buying shit from them any time soon...

/fyi

WOW!