Cakewalk BandLab and Yamaha arranger keyboards

jdavis591@hotmail.com

Question

Good morning Guys  :

As far as I am aware of Cakewalk by BandLab cannot enter chords nor Yamaha styles.

These two features would be a great and useful tool since XGWorks (  Yamaha DAW   ) is no longer updated and not usable anymore.

Is it possible to add those two important features in the near future or is my dream " a wishful thinking issue " ?

Thank you so much for reply.

Best wishes, Jeff

1 answer to this question

2 hours ago, jdavis591@hotmail.com said:

As far as I am aware of Cakewalk by BandLab cannot enter chords nor Yamaha styles.

These two features would be a great and useful tool since XGWorks (  Yamaha DAW   ) is no longer updated and not usable anymore.

Is it possible to add those two important features in the near future or is my dream " a wishful thinking issue " ?

Is it possible that for yamaha keyboard, styles are configured using sysex commands.  Cakewalk by Bandlab allows one to enter sysex command as banks (or even descrete sysex strings using the event list view.

I believe that that sysex commands to do this is as follows

"F0 43 73 01 51 05 00 03 04 00 00 dd dd F7" where "dd dd" is the Style Number.

To find out the sysex strings you would need to send, you will have to consult the MIDI implementation chart for your particular Yamaha keyboard.