Kushview Element v0.46.3 released

TheSteven

Kushview Element v0.46.3

Posted on July 28, 2021 by mfisher

Element v0.46.3 is now available.  If you are subscribed, downloads are available on the installers page.  If you’d like access to pre-releases, subscribe here. Make sure the “Early Access” option is selected.

View all completed issues.

Changes in this version

• FIXED: Problems with MIDI “learn” when mapping a controller.
  • Changes in 0.46.0 – 0.46.2
  • FIXED: Tempo not being sent to bpm aware plugins.
  • FIXED: Problems building with Projucer
  • FIXED: Use 1-indexing where appropriate (Lua)
  • ADDED: Tons of scripting docs
  • NEW: Force zero reported latency in Plugin versions.
  • NEW: Plugin delay compensation on nodes
  • BETTER: Added Keyboard shortcuts to virtual keyboard
  • BETTER: Allow multi channel config in Element plugins. e.g. 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound
  • BETTER: Oversampling performance
  • FIXED: Crash when loaded inside of Plugindoctor
  • FIXED: Replaced nodes moving out of place
  • FIXED: Crash caused when loading Surge synth
  • NEW: Apple M1 / Intel universal binary
  • FIXED: (possible) problems when assigning channels
  • FIXED: (possible) problems rendering certain channel configs.
  • FIXED: (possible) problems with plugin UIs not filling the entire plugin window
  • ADDED: Linux VST/VST3 to pre-built downloads
  • VST plugins on Linux are experimental. please report bugs on Github
  • FIXED: Linux AppImage not finding factory Lua scripts
  • FIXED: Inconsistent code editor font size across Mac, PC, and Linux
  • ADDED: “symbol” property to DSP scripts
  • FIXED: “Exporer” typo in User data path UI widget
  • NEW: Ability to change sample rate by OSC message
  • NEW: Ports can now be hidden in the Graph Editor
  • NEW: Ability to zoom in/out of Graph Editor
  • NEW: Ability to adjust overall scale of the GUI (e.g. 2x, 4x, etc etc)
  • BETTER: Added infrastructure to write new GUIs in Lua
  • BETTER: Overhaul how the embedded Lua interpreter works
  • FIXED: Crashing Mixcraft when using performance parameters
  • FIXED: Problems when scrolling while moving blocks around in Graph Editor
  • FIXED: Crash when loading files by Program Change in Audio File player
  • FIXED: Plugins loading as Mono when they should be Stereo
  • FIXED: LV2 X11UI’s not showing on Linux
Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

Hmm...it was released as freeware on github. One month later the next version was no longer free. And since then it now costs minimum 2 euro for everyone that don't know how to build an installer from sourcecode.

It makes me feel uncomfortable and, sorry to say, feels a little bit like extortion. Low cost but nevertheless extortion.

I like the idea but is unsure if i would ever use it because Cakewalk handles my plugins very good.

Yea, i'm an old whining fart. Sorry about that.

There are similar wrapper plugins. 

I've tried to use DDMF metaplugin before but it crashes right after inserting it on Cakewalk. And it's more expensive.

And their EQ (LP10) also crashes on Cakewalk.

I bought Element around an year ago and it properly works on Cakewalk...

I think I have tried to use LP10 on Element and it worked properly.

I do remember it worked on FL wrapper plugin too. The name of the plugin is mini modular host or something but i forgot. It's a free plugin but it's beta and the plugin crashes easily, and not updated for years.

So I think Element is the most stable one that works fine on Cakewalk!

1 hour ago, Kurre said:

Hmm...it was released as freeware on github. One month later the next version was no longer free. And since then it now costs minimum 2 euro for everyone that don't know how to build an installer from sourcecode.

It makes me feel uncomfortable and, sorry to say, feels a little bit like extortion. Low cost but nevertheless extortion.

I like the idea but is unsure if i would ever use it because Cakewalk handles my plugins very good.

Yea, i'm an old whining fart. Sorry about that.

The developer has been changed his business model several times regarding this app/plugin.
The work / revenue ratio probably never lived up to expectations.
I bought a 'permanent' license early on, then project went open source, then semi-subscription for builds...
The developer has always honored my access to builds so I don't complain much anymore.

I don't use Element much but it does have it's uses.
$2 for a download I guess can be irksome but it's a low bar.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 3

On 7/29/2021 at 2:21 PM, Kurre said:

I am in no way affiliated or related to the developer but to be honest, to judge that way and say what you say is what feels completely wrong, unfair and out of place.

In a world of close source, incredibly overpriced software (and products in general), where many of the big companies with tons of resources REALLY extort and take advantage of people..... and you are really saying that to a basically one guy developer, that offers you a completely free version of the software (0.44.1), where you can support him through patreon or simply paying a ridiculous $2 to get the last version. And not only that, you even have the entire project source code at your dispossal for free.

A software that performs excepcionally well for its price in places and circumstances where other lot more expensive ones fail.

And not to mention the argumentation route of asking if you like to work for free or if you would  be willing to put yourself a lot of time and effort on creating something and expect others to take for granted that the result of all that hard work and effort have zero value and thinking that if you want to get money from it you are extorting them.

So.... seriously, really ?

Also it's worth mentioning that Ardour also use the very same business model, open source project/product with a low price subscription or paying a ridiculous low amount to get only the last compiled windows version.

I am so sorry you feel that way.

I'm never going to let anyone know what i feel never again.

It was the word e..ortion that got you winded up, wasn't it? Do you want me to delete it?

It isn't really about the money. It is about TRUTH.

If you promise something and then take it back, the moment you take it back the first thing you promised was a lie.

Same truth problem with an earlier post about payment where i belong to the big group of people world wide that thinks that a halftruth is a lie. Because it's always the positive side that's being told and without knowing the negative side you don't know the truth.

Soo...what do you develop? 💙