Spitfire Audio | Hammers and More | Replay

Simeon Amburgey

Been playing with this for the past two days. When I started the download and saw its size, my first thought was "100 GB for a percussion lib? wtf?". Turns out there's  a lot more in there than initially meets the eye. The huge size isn't because this is the ultimate percussion library - there are no cowbells - but rather the depth of content. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 1:38 AM, Simeon Amburgey said:

Whew! Oh boy, did this livestream take us into some crazy places.
So grateful for the opportunity to share.

Sounds superb , and YES !! the playability , this is what i hear , finally something usable ..... from what i hear  ..

Problem with blocks layout that i also love is that it is purely for keyboard players , if you have a pad controller , you're in for some serious mamping and pre prod selection  ....

Edited by Zo

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Sounds superb , and YES !! the playability , this is what i hear , finally something usable ..... from what i hear  ..

Problem with blocks layout that i also love is that it is purely for keyboard players , if you have a pad controller , you're in for some serious mamping and pre prod selection  ....

Yes, I tend to not think about that, but it is something, especially with a percussion based library to have some sort of PAD MAPPING  that needs to be addressed.

I am still so amazed at how dynamic my SL88: Grand responds, it allows me to get that full ppp to FFF.

40 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

Yes, I tend to not think about that, but it is something, especially with a percussion based library to have some sort of PAD MAPPING  that needs to be addressed.

I am still so amazed at how dynamic my SL88: Grand responds, it allows me to get that full ppp to FFF.

exact the SL88 surprised me as well , but it really shines one libraries well done like this one , i also love how the managed the round robin , in kontakt even the random sounds algo if you know what i mean , here not only the samples are great but the round robin algo is not vulgarous !!

• Like 1

So I broke down and got Hammers yesterday. I was hesitating a bit but have a project I’m working on that I thought could really benefit.  I’m a big NKS fan and I couldn’t find any info whether it was supported or not.  To my surprise it was with full previews and all controls mapped in KK.  So if you were wondering it supports NKS :)

Have no idea why it’s not even mentioned in spitfire website.

Edited by kevin H
  • Like 1