Snap problems in PRV

jkoseattle

All of a sudden the Snap settings in PRV won't change. I have tried turning Snap on and off, changing the note value, clicking TO and BY, but no matter what I do, it's stuck on 1/8 and BY. What's worse is that my grid resolution is set to follow snap settings, and it won't change when I change Snap settings either. I've tried restarting CW and even rebooting the PC. Anyone know how to fix this?

5 hours ago, jkoseattle said:

All of a sudden the Snap settings in PRV won't change. I have tried turning Snap on and off, changing the note value, clicking TO and BY, but no matter what I do, it's stuck on 1/8 and BY. What's worse is that my grid resolution is set to follow snap settings, and it won't change when I change Snap settings either. I've tried restarting CW and even rebooting the PC. Anyone know how to fix this?

There are the global snap settings and then the PRV snap settings. Make sure your settings match this screenshot:

qI93Yu3.png

• Like 2

Thanks so much everyone for the help! ChernobylStudios, that was a really nice time-consuming screenshot, special thanks.

Everything you have shown there was correct. I tried a new project and still things weren't working right. I finally DISABLED the PRV snap settings on the upper right and everything is now working as expected. I think the answer is that I never understood what those Snap settings on the upper right were for. The View menu and the snap module in the toolbar seems to do everything I need, so what's that one in the upper right for?

• 4 months later...

Double-clicking a clip will open it in the PRV . The menu options shown the screenshot are in the View menu of the PRV. If PRV snap is enabled at the upper right, it overrides Global snap in the Control Bar - often desirable so that you can having a finer resolution for editing MIDI than you use in the track view for arranging clips.

There have been bugs with snap in the past, but i;m not aware of anything outstanding.  Can't think right offhand hwy it wouldn't work if it's properly enabled.

Hopefully people will notice this is resurrected thread, and not be responding to the earlier posts.