Articulation Map for VST2 Instrument that Lacks Key Switches

musign

Question

Hi, today I downloaded Sample Science's French Violin, a VST2 violin with six types of articulations. Unfortunately, there do not appear to be key-switches for selecting which articulation to play. Instead, there is only the articulation menu in the plugin window. Is there any chance that through something like midi channels or patches, I can still make an articulation map for this plugin? Thanks.

1 answer to this question

5 hours ago, musign said:

Hi, today I downloaded Sample Science's French Violin, a VST2 violin with six types of articulations. Unfortunately, there do not appear to be key-switches for selecting which articulation to play. Instead, there is only the articulation menu in the plugin window. Is there any chance that through something like midi channels or patches, I can still make an articulation map for this plugin? Thanks.

I downloaded this and there does not seem to be any MIDI command that you can send to French Violin to change these articulations.  Unfortunately, This would rule out changing these articulations in French Violin using articulation maps.

I also tried sending patch change commands - these had no effect.

If someone does know if there are MIDI commands that can change these articulations, then hopefully they can chime in.