Brief Question on iZotope Nectar Elements

A question for any long-standing Cakewalk / SONAR users ...

Did Nectar Elements come as a "freebie" with any product in the past ?  I am working on an old project which used Nectar Elements as a plugin, and it's now asking to be re-authorised ... and of course, I cannot remember any of the details to authorise it.

I have an account with iZotope, but there is no sale registered there, so my conclusion is that it may have come as a "freebie".

Thanks.

Sorry, just realised this should be posted somewhere else ...

Edited by Ted K. Ling
Posted in wrong section ...

2 hours ago, Ted K. Ling said:

A question for any long-standing Cakewalk / SONAR users ...

Did Nectar Elements come as a "freebie" with any product in the past ?  I am working on an old project which used Nectar Elements as a plugin, and it's now asking to be re-authorised ... and of course, I cannot remember any of the details to authorise it.

I have an account with iZotope, but there is no sale registered there, so my conclusion is that it may have come as a "freebie".

Thanks.

Sorry, just realised this should be posted somewhere else ...

Kind of. I forgot the details. If I'm not mistaken it was not directly from Cakewalk. Forgive me if I am wrong , but I believe when Cakewalk first started including Addictive Drums, during the registration with XLN they were giving away the original version of Elements and we got in on deal. 

I got nectar elements with sound forge 11 in 2018. In my plugin list i think it is called izotope nectar elements. The gui is orange. I have another called nectar 3 elements with the gui opening to a black gui with question what are you going for? I think that one was in my crossgrade to music production suite 2.1. Hope that helps

1 hour ago, dubdisciple said:

Kind of. I forgot the details. If I'm not mistaken it was not directly from Cakewalk. Forgive me if I am wrong , but I believe when Cakewalk first started including Addictive Drums, during the registration with XLN they were giving away the original version of Elements and we got in on deal. 

Thanks dubdisciple, your answer started ringing some bells here ... I too installed the Addictive Drums plugin at that time.  I'll see if I can get more info from the XLN people.  They are very forthcoming with any questions I've had in the past.

39 minutes ago, treesha said:

I got nectar elements with sound forge 11 in 2018. In my plugin list i think it is called izotope nectar elements. The gui is orange. I have another called nectar 3 elements with the gui opening to a black gui with question what are you going for? I think that one was in my crossgrade to music production suite 2.1. Hope that helps

Thanks to you too treesha.  Funnily, I bought and installed Nectar 3 Plus a couple of days ago (as I couldn't get the Elements anymore) thinking it was a blown-up version of Elements, but it's different as it's more voice-oriented (and is black 😀).  Elements (the orange one) had a lot of pre-defined setups based on music styles to choose from and I edited a lot to my own taste.  That's why I'm keen to get it back somehow.   I'm wondering if by getting Nectar 3 Plus it installed Elements too and is now asking for the same authorisation codes as Nectar 3 ... I haven't tried that.  Maybe ... just maybe 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted K. Ling said:

Thanks dubdisciple, your answer started ringing some bells here ... I too installed the Addictive Drums plugin at that time.  I'll see if I can get more info from the XLN people.  They are very forthcoming with any questions I've had in the past.

Thanks to you too treesha.  Funnily, I bought and installed Nectar 3 Plus a couple of days ago (as I couldn't get the Elements anymore) thinking it was a blown-up version of Elements, but it's different as it's more voice-oriented (and is black 😀).  Elements (the orange one) had a lot of pre-defined setups based on music styles to choose from and I edited a lot to my own taste.  That's why I'm keen to get it back somehow.   I'm wondering if by getting Nectar 3 Plus it installed Elements too and is now asking for the same authorisation codes as Nectar 3 ... I haven't tried that.  Maybe ... just maybe 🤔

If you registered it, it should still be in your izotope account. You have to look in the legacy installers area

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

28 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

If you registered it, it should still be in your izotope account. You have to look in the legacy installers area

Wow ... that did it !  You're DA Man !! Thanks a lot.  Somehow Nectar Elements ended up in my purchase history (at $0) ... which was NOT there the last time I looked.  And once again has proven that time flies by so quickly.  It was March 2014 !   BTW, there was no legacy installers area, but that's moot now.

• Like 2