Pawn Shop

57Gregy

I went to the local pawn shop with my friend Ann so she could pay off a loan. Sometimes I hate going to these places. They make me spend money.
I've always wanted a 335-style guitar, or the smaller 339. So what do they have hanging on the wall? An Epiphone ES-335 with humbuckers right next to an Epi ES-339 with P90s. At decent prices, too.
I didn't have time to play them because we had other thing to do, but they both looked straight and clean.
As we were leaving, one of the clerks said, "you know we have layaway, right?"
GAS strikes again.
I already have enough guitars!
Said no one ever.

Edited by 57Gregy
  • Haha 1

I've never been in one of those places. I've always figured that pretty much everything in there is either stolen or there because of some other unfortunate circumstance that the owner found themselves in that made them have to take some lowball offer for their cherished possession. I've always thought that I would never be able to enjoy something that was only there because of someone else's misery.

• Like 1

On trip home from down south we stopped at  mckaybooks   They had 1,000's of used CD's and LP's too. Neat selection.
In a section they had old Audio and musical instruments. The musical and audio stuff was way over priced. They had old audio interfaces that would be useless for modern computers, no Win10 drivers. They were trying to sell them for several hundred dollars.  🤨
I just wasn't expecting to find this stuff in a gigantic used book store. The place is huge!

3 hours ago, paulo said:

I've never been in one of those places. I've always figured that pretty much everything in there is either stolen or there because of some other unfortunate circumstance that the owner found themselves in that made them have to take some lowball offer for their cherished possession. I've always thought that I would never be able to enjoy something that was only there because of someone else's misery.

Pawn shops aren't  always about someone having to suffer or having to sell items to get money. I've sold several items to a pawn shop just to get rid of them.  After my mother past, she had so much stuff, I asked the local pawn shop owner  to come to her house to see what he wanted to offer me forthe stuff she had there. 

I t was convenient, however,  that the pawn shop owner was my uncle.   LOL 😁  😄 (True Story Though)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jesse g said:

Pawn shops aren't  always about someone having to suffer or having to sell items to get money. 

Yeah, but it's knowing that there's more than a fair chance of that being the case that bothers me.

1 hour ago, razor7music said:

If you know how many guitars you have, you don't have enough!

I was talking with my cousin Smokey and brother Steve a few months ago. I thought I had too many guitars (5, including a bass). Steve says he has 12. Smokey, ~25. I guess I have some catching up to do.
Steve is trying to acquire every type of guitar that the Beatles used, or a copy thereof.