Softube Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959 flash sale $19 USD

tibenmik

2 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

How does this rate against the competition?
I.E. if I already have too many amp sims does this one bring anything new to the table?

Cheaper than all the rest (of the similar modelled ilk) I suppose

This is a great deal.  I also like that softube updated their website and now shows what you own.  Turns out I already own this and it’s giving me option to buy again hahah

i think I got it on sale for $89 so for $19 it’s a steal.

I demo-ed it, thinking I'd probably buy it at this price. I can't seem to find a way to like it though. Some people highlight the importance of playing with the input gain to make it sound right (through your DAW, no input gain control on the plugin) while turning up the channel volume(s), but that didn't help much either. We're spoiled with some great amp sims these days and this one, to my ears, is not one of them. Cheap though so it might be good value, except that I already own a bunch of so-so amp sims that I hardly ever use. I know, we all do 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

$19 is a steal, I've seen mixed reviews on this one,. If your looking for a modern amp sim this is not for you. If you are looking for a vintage plexi sound, it sounds good to me, and like the real amp it does take some tweaking. I noticed the mic selection makes a big difference, liked the 57 and the 609 but I didn't like the 87  it sounded boxy. Anyway just my opinion

Edited by PAL Music
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pollux said:

I did, and also checked I'm loggied in 😭

I just checked. Yup.. deal is dead. Oh well. there will be a next time.

Perhaps a wakeup call to Softube. I think the sweet spot for plugin pricing is $10 to $20. Anything  more than that is a little iffy IMO.

• Haha 1

By the way triton extreme is yours if you own trition !!

Installed on windows 8 , working .... seems authorised since my triton is *.... not gonna play with others ....

Edited by Zo