Computer Music

cclarry

For anyone who isn't aware, I haven't subscribed, but I've bought 2 past issues so far for the FREEBIE of the month and got IK's Black 76 and White 2A, both very decent plugins for like $5 each.  BUT, besides those, you get a pile of other decent plugins, loops, samples and virtual instruments, most of which I honestly haven't even gone through. But there are some real keepers in there!  It's a great deal! ;)

• Like 3

I agree with mibby.  Got the same two issues and one of them had a CM version of Mercuriall's U530 that, while limited in cab options, is one of the best ENGL emulations I've heard.  The three issues I bought added a bit of bloat to my download folder, but I just hand-picked the instruments and effects that interested me and I deleted the rest.  Thanks for posting, Larry.  This is a great deal.

• Like 1

I done when my sub runs out.   If I really paid attention to the articles I would have a backlog from 2014.   I find myself rarely downloading anything free these days. I basically just read the reviews.  At one time I stopped subscribing before they went digital because I didn't have space for the script and DVDs.

Some of their old 32 bit stuff was really interesting like their sampler.   Computer Muzys was a decent free DAW. 

23 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I done when my sub runs out.   If I really paid attention to the articles I would have a backlog from 2014.   I find myself rarely downloading anything free these days. I basically just read the reviews.  At one time I stopped subscribing before they went digital because I didn't have space for the script and DVDs.

Some of their old 32 bit stuff was really interesting like their sampler.   Computer Muzys was a decent free DAW. 

This is pretty much why I quit subscribing.  I've got WAY too much crap already, and I never bother to
read the articles because I can always find a YouTube video that has the answers I'm usually looking for
at no cost.  

Just buying a single digital issue of CM gets you an amazing cornucopia of plug-ins, loops, and articles for under $5.

The lite version of Unfiltered Audio's G8 is excellent, so is the Meldaproduction CMHarmonizer, and the issue I bought was something like 3 years ago, so that's tons more content since then.

And yes, if one were to try to read the articles from just one issue, it would take a year, the articles are great and would no doubt advance the way I approach recording and mixing if I'd ever get around to reading them.

So buying the latest single  issue gives you access to all the freebies released to date? Or just a bunch of  freebies that don't contain   freebies of the month from previous  issues ?

Edited by Monomox

4 minutes ago, Monomox said:

So buying the latest single  issue gives you access to all the freebies released to date?

Pretty much. The current library stands at 87 plugins. It includes nearly all the plugins to date apart from the ancient ones (mostly 32 bit only).

The one-off specials (eg commercial software given away free with a particular issue) are not included in the library.

The link posted above (CM Plugins) will give you a flavour of what's available, but it does include videos for some of the one-off giveaways. If a plugins is called "Product name CM", then it will be in the current library (except as noted above).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wibbles said:

apart from the ancient ones (mostly 32 bit only)

They're not giving access to the oldies anymore? When I did it, there was a folder kind of tucked away labeled 32 that had some older ones, not all of them 32 bit.

When I did it, I got access to all of the plug-ins and utilities that were custom made for CM. I didn't get access to things like Cakewalk Home Studio or Bitwig or whatever one-time giveaways came with only one single issue.

Edited by Starship Krupa