THE LONDON WAY

Supa Reels

6 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Just a gorgeous song.   Lyrics are a notch above the rest of ours  (IMHO).   When did you write this?  

Hi David,

I lived and worked in London  for more years than I care to mention before moving to the suburbs and then retiring here in Devon. But London is my real home, although it changed so much  as I grew up ( like so many other capitals ).

I really did see the changes described in my words and in 2019 I wrote a poem called 'The morning sun in old London town' .. bit of a mouthful so I changed it to 'The London way' in this work as a song after a visit to the Tower of London with my grand kids. Not musically my best but I think I caught the feel of the place .. well to me anyway 😉

I am glad you liked it 😎

Take care ATB Steve

On 8/3/2021 at 5:58 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

I've always loved this song!  It sounds better than ever.  I've been somewhat busy with family lately, but I'll be back to listen and comment on your other song very soon!  Way to go, Steve!

Thanks Lynn I remember your smashing comments when I posted the original, Hope the family are keeping well ... all the best mate and thankyou for your comments on both this one and the new project I'm working on  🙂

All the best to you an' yours

Steve

On 8/3/2021 at 6:09 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Die I enjoy this?
Yes absolutely!

BUT, bring the GD vocal UP! I'm old, my ears are tired.
That or post the lyrics,so I can follow along...

t

oh 👍's

Thanks Tom ... (still laughing ..my ears are nearly gone as well !)

Always means a great deal when a comment is posted to YouTube ,,, so thanks for that. Sadly I crashed a hard drive and lost/corrupted data for this song 🤥. So the vox will have to do ..sorry mate. The lyrics have been posted on YouTube, so you can see the words .... if you wanted.

All the best mate

Steve

• Like 1

Steve . . . very interesting listen, and what a classic song you've posted here. Is that a twelve string guitar you're using here, or have you done some mix tricks to get a large guitar sound ? It's really well orchestrated, and seems like you have spent a lot of time and thought with this arrangement. I'm a big fan of pop songs with orchestral background support, so enjoyed this one a lot !

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, noynekker said:

Steve . . . very interesting listen, and what a classic song you've posted here. Is that a twelve string guitar you're using here, or have you done some mix tricks to get a large guitar sound ? It's really well orchestrated, and seems like you have spent a lot of time and thought with this arrangement. I'm a big fan of pop songs with orchestral background support, so enjoyed this one a lot !

Hello mate,

The answer is no I didn't use the 12s it's a mix of two 6 acoustics with the addition of 2 tracks of a Les Paul (copy) and a beefed up Pacifica .. so not big buck guitars. However I wanted it as organic as possible so I used a Fender bass, quite pleased with the playing as I'm no guitar player ... the only synthetic bit was the strings, it's difficult to get an orchestra in here 😉

In actual fact it was the words that really needed some work to get the message across and blend with the video but it did take a long time to get it right so I'm really glad you enjoyed it .. thanks 👍

Steve