How do I find my Spitfire Audio plugin?

11 hours ago, RICHARD HUTCHINS said:

I did this, see screenshot, but all I get is the LABS plugin I already have, there are no other choices to be seen?

Capture.PNG

If you’ve only downloaded one set of sounds, then you’ll only see one sound set in the plugin.

The way it works is this : using the Spitfire downloader select then install other Labs sound sets on your PC.  Once the downloading and installing process have both finished the new sound sets will show up in the plugin.  The same downloader will work with other Spitfire products as well.
J

Edited by Jeremy Oakes

I've done three downloads now. Altered paths, fannied around, asked for help, ( got help. Thanks)  and still nothing to show for it.

I'm getting fed up now. To be honest, as I've said before, I just want to write songs and record them, I've spent forever on this and I'm no further forward. I'll come back to it when I've cooled off a bit. My existing piano plugin  will work, ( addictive keys is more than ok so I can survive without spending precious time sorting Spitfire)  But PLEASE don't think I don't appreciate all the advice from people who;

know more than me

are more patient than me

are more polite than me

are willing to spend time helping me, despite my whingeing.

But honestly, its really doing my t**ts in now. I need a break, I have songs to record.

Sorry.

Thanks again,  when I finally suss it out I will post another thankyou.

Just to let you know, i'm having exactly the same problem. So I download soft piano from Spitfire. It installs (direct download, not the hard drive option). It reports it as being installed.

I've added added all the spitfire VST2 and VST3 paths to cakewalk. I've done a reset all and then a rescan. I see labs in the list of VST plugins in the plugin manager, but none of the labs instruments show up when i try to create a instrument track in cakewalk, all i get are the SI instruments.

Is there something weird going on, like cakewalk is 64bit and Spitfire is installing 32bit plugins or something stupid like that?

Glad I'm not alone!

I counted to ten today and started looking at this again. I did some screenshots, and you can see the paths that cakewalk uses to locate the VST BBC Orchestra, which all works okay. But the LABS path is the same and this works too for the effects patches  but it cant find the soft piano. I can see the "soft piano" patch there, as shown in screenshot 4, so the question seems to be; how do I point cakewalk at that path? Do I need to drill right down to the .dll or just give it a folder path?

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png

screenshot4.png

Yes, i've spent a good 2 hours on this uninstalling and reinstalling the spitfire instruments. I can see the LABS vst3 files both 32 bit and 64bit. I can see them loaded in Cakewalk's plugin manager.

However when i go to create an instrumental track (right click insert instrument), no Labs instruments are showing.

Weirdly if i go into Sampler i can see LABS VST3.

But no soft piano, no whale song instruments either, just SI-Srum Kit, SI-String Section, SI-Electric Piano. That's it.

Okay so I enabled the VST loading logs, and I tracked them down. What I can see it's doing is it's trying to load the LABS (32 bit) .vst file. It fails. I think it's expecting a dll file.

It then tries to load the LABS (32 bit).dll file. But it can't load that either, presumably because SpitFire's DLL is 32 bit, and cakewalk is a 64 bit application. So that makes sense.

It then tries to load the 32 bit labs DLL using bitbridge - which i'm guessing is a translation system from 32bit to 64bit.

I'm going to try and delete the 32bit labs dll from the registry and see what happens.

Okay, i've removed all traces of the 32bit DLLs and vsts and it still doesn't work. Literally none of the LABS instruments are working for me. It's not just the soft piano it's everything from Spitfire.

I never use 32 bit plugs, and this since quite a few years. Some vst’s automatically install 32bit plugs (Melda for ex) but you don’t have to scan them.

I have two paths that the CbB plugin manager scans : one for 64bit vst2’s and one for 64bit vst3’s. Simplicity is the key word.

To be perfectly clear :

In the CbB plugin manager you should see a LABS entry. If you do, so far so good. When i want to use a LABS sound set, first i  insert the plugin via the Synth rack, (midi and audio tracks), then i choose the sound set i want to use and load it from within the LABS plugin GUI (i have 7 of them they all work, just checked this method).

J

Edit : just a quick thought - if you have reinstalled everything a few times are you sure you uninstalled correctly, ie you only have one instance of the LABS dll installed ? If you have two or more, you may be using that dll which does not know where your piano patch is or if you do only have one instance, its referencing an older deleted set up ?

Edited by Jeremy Oakes

All my Spitfire Labs stuff is there and working like a charm

14 minutes ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

I never use 32 bit plugs, and this since quite a few years. Some vst’s automatically install 32bit plugs (Melda for ex) but you don’t have to scan them.

I have two paths that the CbB plugin manager scans : one for 64bit vst2’s and one for 64bit vst3’s. Simplicity is the key word.

Right on. There is absolutely no need to install 32 bit versions.

• 2 months later...

Hi I'm back after a long lay off, and I thought I'd revisit this, as there are many Spitfire plugins I like. I'm still stuck though. I have Labs and I load it, I get "organic textures" which is fine. see shot.

But I also downloaded Soft Piano which I want. I know its under the "Labs" group. But Cakewalk cant find it as I said before.

Paths seen by Plugin manager suggest its all there!

c:\program files\common files\vst3\LABS (64 Bit).vst3

also at;

c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\LABS (64 Bit).dll

and it originally downloaded from Spitfire to;

C:\Users\Richard\Spitfire\Spitfire Audio - LABS this is where the presets are held.

Odd thing is I did nothing different here. First one I downloaded was BBC Symphony Orchestra, and I didnt have to configure anything, Cakewalk seemed happy to find it. Next The "Labs" organic textures ( birdsong) downloaded and I didnt have to do anything. But try as I might I cant get Cakewalk to load the other "Labs" plugins. 

Ideas anyone?

Rich

spitfire audio screenshot.png