Bees - new video

Lynn Wilson

12 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Lynn, A reminder that the seemingly insignificant has a huge impact when they're gone. I really like how the song builds up to a powerful ending.
-Bjorn

Thank you, Bjorn!  Much appreciated.

7 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Our garden is not big but it is dedicated to the local flora and fauna.  All the plants that grow are nectar and pollen rich.  The 3,500 gallon pond has easy access for all to drink and escape if they fall in.

We love our bees, our dragon fly's and other insects.

Cool song Lynn.

Thank you for you kind words, Wookie!  I'm sure your garden and pond are beautiful.

• Thanks 1

Excellent work on an interesting topic, Lynn.  The tune and the video are both very well produced.

Around my area (southeastern Pennsylvania) we've been seeing more and more Cicada Killers which are hornets about 3 to 4 times the size of regular hornets.

They're very intimidating in appearance.  A yard about a block away from me has an infestation.  Not only are they flying all over the yard but are burrowing large holes all over the guy's grass.

But there is a noticeable shortage of honeybees all over the USA.  A trend I hope doesn't continue.  Many people do not realize just how important to humanity these little guys are.

🙂John B

• Like 1

Well done. The final synth has made me rightly think of a bee that is foraging. Nice stereo, and vocals sounds good. Sometimes some of the chorus start a word a little before or after your leader voice, but it's a detail. At 3:14 the succession of a telephone lead, and after a simple vocal, and after the doubler is a perfect idea. The chorist at 4:27 brings a wonderful power to this part of the song. Good mix, great work.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Excellent work on an interesting topic, Lynn.  The tune and the video are both very well produced.

Around my area (southeastern Pennsylvania) we've been seeing more and more Cicada Killers which are hornets about 3 to 4 times the size of regular hornets.

They're very intimidating in appearance.  A yard about a block away from me has an infestation.  Not only are they flying all over the yard but are burrowing large holes all over the guy's grass.

But there is a noticeable shortage of honeybees all over the USA.  A trend I hope doesn't continue.  Many people do not realize just how important to humanity these little guys are.

🙂John B

Thank you, John!  Stay safe!

12 hours ago, Esther Brulard said:

Well done. The final synth has made me rightly think of a bee that is foraging. Nice stereo, and vocals sounds good. Sometimes some of the chorus start a word a little before or after your leader voice, but it's a detail. At 3:14 the succession of a telephone lead, and after a simple vocal, and after the doubler is a perfect idea. The chorist at 4:27 brings a wonderful power to this part of the song. Good mix, great work.

Esther, thank you for your time and kind words!  I made the choice to leave some of those timing issues alone because several tracks were done remotely, and I didn't want to step on the "feel" too much.  The singer you're talking about is Mary Jane Norman, a childhood friend who has been a terrific singer all her life.  She'll be happy to hear your compliment.

• Like 1

Cool song and video - I enjoyed the listen and the message of the song.  On this song your vocal made me think a bit of Elvis Costello - interesting. The vocal harmonies of all the singers sounded great - nicely done.

I also really liked that breakdown middle eight with the lead synth.

• Thanks 1

I love this song (and video)!I esp like the chord changes in the chorus ala floyd...and your incredible voice.  And important subject.

The world is changing  fast. I hope we can keep up.  We're seeing the winners of  the darwin awards  with the anti-vaxers.  ( this was a mild bug...wait till something like ebola gets out of control.)  

Edited by David Sprouse
  • Thanks 1

👍's. big big 👍's

Left my comments over at youtube.

t

i was tempted to "shame" the community for their lack of support over at youtube, but it doesn't seem to be sinking in,
so i will just "fume" over it internally; or not.......................................................................................................................................................

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

Cool song and video - I enjoyed the listen and the message of the song.  On this song your vocal made me think a bit of Elvis Costello - interesting. The vocal harmonies of all the singers sounded great - nicely done.

I also really liked that breakdown middle eight with the lead synth.

Thanks, Douglas, your comments are greatly appreciated!

14 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

I love this song (and video)!I esp like the chord changes in the chorus ala floyd...and your incredible voice.  And important subject.

The world is changing  fast. I hope we can keep up.  We're seeing the winners of  the darwin awards  with the anti-vaxers.  ( this was a mild bug...wait till something like ebola gets out of control.)  

David, I hope we can keep up with this rapidly changing world.  Hearing your comments brightens my day!  (I agree with you about the Darwin awards)

4 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

👍's. big big 👍's

Left my comments over at youtube.

t

i was tempted to "shame" the community for their lack of support over at youtube, but it doesn't seem to be sinking in,
so i will just "fume" over it internally; or not.......................................................................................................................................................

Tom, a great big thank you for your welcome words, both here and at YT.  To be honest, I just discovered that all the YT comments goes to my Gmail account, which is my secondary email and I don't always check it as often as I should.

• Like 1