Volume Automation will not record from Mixer

Hello Forums,

After a recent update, Cakewalk will no longer record volume automation from my mixer.

- For the record, I can record volume automation IN Cakewalk.

- If I record the volume automation in Cakewalk, the Mixer (I tested on two mixers - ProjectMix I/O as well as Faderport 8) will read the output and the motorized faders will move accordingly.

- If I try to record the volume automation on my Mixer into Cakewalk, cakewalk will just give me a flatline and not capture any data.

- Offset Mode in the control menu is off.

5 hours ago, Christopher Xiao said:

Hello Forums,

After a recent update, Cakewalk will no longer record volume automation from my mixer.

- For the record, I can record volume automation IN Cakewalk.

- If I record the volume automation in Cakewalk, the Mixer (I tested on two mixers - ProjectMix I/O as well as Faderport 8) will read the output and the motorized faders will move accordingly.

- If I try to record the volume automation on my Mixer into Cakewalk, cakewalk will just give me a flatline and not capture any data.

- Offset Mode in the control menu is off.

Hello Christopher,

Are you sure the input port for your surfaces is set correctly in the Preferences? It's possible that this might have changed, thus causing it to receive data from the app, but not send. I just tested that automation does work correctly with a FP8 on my end, so nothing should have changed within the app to affect this in general.