[FIXED] Can't Log In With IE

sjoens

Question

IE11 won't let me log in. It hangs at the "Continue" button screen and the Cakewalk logo never loads.

2 days ago I made the changes listed below and was able to log in until now.

File > Tools > General > *check* Delete browsing history on exit

File > Tools > Content > *click* Clear SSL state

File > Tools > Advanced > *check* Security > Use SSL 3.0

Edited by sjoens

20 answers to this question

Not an answer but the script error is "'fetch' is undefined".

It appears fetch() is a javascript method which is not supported by IE:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Fetch_API/Using_Fetch#Browser_compatibility

so unless the login script is amended to explicitly support IE, it's possible IE login will never be possible. 

Edited by adrian.crossan
Further info on fetch()

I'm hoping the folks at BandLab will find a fix for this. From my work PC (IE11) where I spend most of the time here,  I just can't get any access...only from my home PC (Chrome). 

I'm in contact with Jesse Jost and he's trying to find a solution.

2 hours ago, Mesh said:

I'm hoping the folks at BandLab will find a fix for this. From my work PC (IE11) where I spend most of the time here,  I just can't get any access...only from my home PC (Chrome). 

I'm in contact with Jesse Jost and he's trying to find a solution.

At first, I couldn't login using IE11.  I had to use Chrome. 

Oddly, after the initial login with Chrome,  IE11 worked for me on both Win7 and Win10.   I remember clearing the browser files (i.e.  temporary Internet files, etc. ) on the Win10  PC before IE11 worked, but can't confirm that's what fixed the issue.  This post was done using IE11.

I know some folks have tried clearing the browser files, but still aren't able to use IE11.    

19 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

I've managed to log in fine on my home/studio PC with IE11 and simply can't get it to on my work machine.  Same OS, service packs, bitness...

Using IE11 was possible at one point. Are you entering your username/password when using your home/studio PC? I suspect not because there's possibly a cookie which is remembering you've previously logged in. The test would be to explicitly log out, but then you might lose your IE login...

1 hour ago, HIBI said:

@Jesse Jost
I just ask from curiosity because this is first situation on this forum.
If I have voted a question up and then it's fixed or solved, need vote down? You don't have to care about it?

The voting up/down is just a way for the community to sort responses, i.e. the best responses are upvoted. An incorrect or off-topic answer can be downvoted. If the question is satisfactorily answered, you can click the checkbox on the post with the best answer:

image.png

7 minutes ago, sjoens said:

Just a Heads UP but each time I log in the Cakewalk logo takes longer to display like something's trying to prevent it.

I notice it takes a bit of time too. If I'm too quick in clicking continue, I have to go back and try to log in all over again.