Keeping more Plugins open at the same time?

Marcello

Unless, in my experience, they’re on a second monitor, where they disappear behind, in my case, the console I have open there, when I open a second plug-in. If you don’t reopen them once they duck behind, they’ll keep piling up out of sight. They will all stay open if they’re all on the one monitor. This has been discussed on the board, but if there’s a fix, I’m unaware of it. 

29 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

Unless, in my experience, they’re on a second monitor, where they disappear behind, in my case, the console I have open there, when I open a second plug-in. If you don’t reopen them once they duck behind, they’ll keep piling up out of sight. They will all stay open if they’re all on the one monitor. This has been discussed on the board, but if there’s a fix, I’m unaware of it. 

This only happens if one chooses to float views while using one monitor.

Leave the views in the multidock and dock the multidock.

The views may be resized, even maximized and the plug-ins will float on top of the views.

On 7/25/2021 at 9:31 AM, scook said:

This only happens if one chooses to float views while using one monitor.

Leave the views in the multidock and dock the multidock.

The views may be resized, even maximized and the plug-ins will float on top of the views.

Trying to understand... 

Re: "This only happens if one chooses to float views while using one monitor." Confused.  I'm floating plugins on two monitors at the same time, not one. This is when the plugs on the second monitor duck behind the multidock I have open there with the Console View. 

"Leave the views in the multidock and dock the multidock." But, if I understand, you can then only  have one thing opened in the multidock at a time. So, if I click on a docked plugin's tab, the Console disappears, until I click back to the Console tab?

"The views may be resized, even maximized and the plug-ins will float on top of the views. Could you please explain what you mean by "views"? The clickable views tabbed in the multidock? Thanks. 

I misread the post.

Floating views regardless of the number of monitors have similar window management issues.

Even when I ran multiple monitors, only the video view ran on a second monitor. 

It is much easier for me to manage everything else on one monitor. 

Of course, individual preferences vary.  Some like to spread stuff around. Some like to keep a lot of stuff open. Some find the console view useful.

I used to fall under the “ gotta have two monitors” camp because how else could I have the console and PVR views full screen?  
Making the tutorials I had to stick with one monitor and that forced me to learn the easy shortcuts that allow the multi dock to quickly go full screen and back to its tabs.