Song Assassination Game :D

Sheens

On 7/27/2021 at 5:38 PM, Notes_Norton said:

Wolverton Mountain - Claude King

Early on in our duo, we had a few requests for this one. We never learned it.

I suppose it's a good song for those who like that kind of music, but it doesn't suit my tastes at all, nor do I think it would work for the majority of our typical audience. If it did, I'd learn it anyway.

You're killing me. Lol. That's a great song and an awesome sounding recording. I have the Rhino Records CD remastered country hits set from the 60s with this and dozens of other. Direct from the original recordings before the cd loudness wars. Great sounding stuff.

Back in the day of caller-ID-less pagers, there was one manager who hated Copacabana, but it was a definite ear-worm for him.  Once, when he was in a big meeting, we texted him "Her name was Lola..."  After the meeting he comes running over to where we were and started yelling "Ok, which one of you ****'s texted me??!!!"  Everyone was laughing their you-know-what's off.  🤣

11 hours ago, craigb said:

Back in the day of caller-ID-less pagers, there was one manager who hated Copacabana, but it was a definite ear-worm for him.  Once, when he was in a big meeting, we texted him "Her name was Lola..."  After the meeting he comes running over to where we were and started yelling "Ok, which one of you ****'s texted me??!!!"  Everyone was laughing their you-know-what's off.  🤣

Craig can you send him below vid ?

Mambo No. 5 - Lou Bega

(I can't argue with success, but I hate what he did to the Perez Prado song, it's not even a Mambo anymore)

As an antidote:

We used to play the Perez version when we were hired by the Arthur Murray franchise to play for member dances. We tried to avoid the Lou Bega version, but we're good hos and we played it when requested.

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1