Audio/midi preferences making me mental...!

Tom Russell

Question

This is driving me nuts.

I've been on again/off again CW user since it came on floppy discs, so I'm not a "noob."

I have not been able to get my NI Komplete Audio6 to play with CbB. I set the preferences in both audio and midi to the NI interface, but it doesn't "stick"; in other words, the ins/outs are selected in the checkboxes but they don't actually "set" anything. If I go back to the preferences page, they are blank- not selected. In the tracks, there is no way to select the source and destinations because CW is not seeing my selections. 

Dell XPS 8910 running Win 10.

Ideas?

6 answers to this question

Is it working as expected with some other DAW app?

Nothing specific comes to mind. Some things to try:

1. Rename Aud.INI to start over with a default config file.

2. Move it to a different USB Port, and make sure power management of USB ports is disabled.

3. Remove and re-install the driver with the interface disconnected.

4. Leave your onboard audio interface enabled, and set it as the default device for Windows so it keeps its mitts off your NI interface.

15 hours ago, David Baay said:

Is it working as expected with some other DAW app?

Nothing specific comes to mind. Some things to try:

1. Rename Aud.INI to start over with a default config file.

2. Move it to a different USB Port, and make sure power management of USB ports is disabled.

3. Remove and re-install the driver with the interface disconnected.

4. Leave your onboard audio interface enabled, and set it as the default device for Windows so it keeps its mitts off your NI interface.

1) renamed; note -in case this is what's causing the weirdness- I am running in Admin mode; previous install was as a "user", but I can't recover the PW. It did work earlier (like a year ago, but I moved, PW was forgotten, and Win has updated umpteen times since.)

2) I've tried different ports. Also, it's a quirk that CW doesn't (always)  see the interface unless I plug it in after starting CW. 

I'll try 3 and 4 if all else fails at this point.

8 hours ago, John Vere said:

This seems dumb but you are saving the change before you leave preferences? 

Not dumb, but there's no "save", only "move checked to top"