Some obvious requests

Hi

1- cakewalk needs a good sampler

I've seen many times  users talk about this feature but nothing has changed yet

---------------------------

2- flexible audio clip gain

You know what I mean... Increase and decrease  audio clip gain(like Cubase..... Very easily) 

In  cakewalk its really wasting time to do this hard mission : clip automation>gain>hold Ctrl key and Change (However, the result of this difficult process is not as smart as Cubase) 

--------------------------------

3- locate cursor when clicked in empty space : this can be done when smart tool is active.. but in select tool or  split  tool... Nothing is happened to cursor  after clicking in empty space

-------------------------------

4- repeat  event's color after duplicate track :    its not good when  duplicate one or some tracks and after that  see many tracks with same event's color

Even if I just duplicate the track( without events) 

The new events that I record (midi or audio) has same color 

----------------------------------

5- I have to make this request at least once in a while : let we change our fade in and fade outs curve manually (slow-fast-linear) like in studio one

In cakewalk we should right click on edges of fades and choose one curve

------------------------------------

6- search in plugins :

Its good feature that I recently see in feedback and loops

For those who say Media Browser does this : most of the users open audio plugins in effect bin (with right click) and a search bar is good idea to find  an effect quickly

Media browser is just a Cumbersome space that many times I close it with   B

---------------------------------------------

7- sidechain with one or two click

Sidechain in cakwalk is so hard that I feel like I'm sitting in front of a modular system and having to go through a lot of patch cables to get results.

• Great Idea 3

Have you considered Cubase?

J/K

For a sampler, there are several free one's out there like TX16W that are really good. I am not sure what Cakewalk could bring to the table that you can't already get.

I thought sidechaining was pretty easy in Cakewalk. Maybe I am just used to the steps.

Some of your other suggestions are intriguing.

Edited by Terry Kelley

23 hours ago, user6808463577169165 said:

2- flexible audio clip gain

You know what I mean... Increase and decrease  audio clip gain(like Cubase..... Very easily) 

In  cakewalk its really wasting time to do this hard mission : clip automation>gain>hold Ctrl key and Change (However, the result of this difficult process is not as smart as Cubase) 

It's already very easy in Cakewalk ? ..real time clip

Clip-Gain.gif

• Like 2

On 7/24/2021 at 11:12 PM, user6808463577169165 said:

b6- search in plugins :

Its good feature that I recently see in feedback and loops

For those who say Media Browser does this : most of the users open audio plugins in effect bin (with right click) and a search bar is good idea to find  an effect quickly

Media browser is just a Cumbersome space that many times I close it with   B

The FX bin is way too small to show a large amount of plugins

Undocking the Browser and floating it to where you want , then pressing B when you want to call it up, B again to hide it..is much quicker trust me 

PLugin-From-Browser.gif

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw
  • Like 2

On 7/26/2021 at 2:43 AM, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

It's already very easy in Cakewalk ? ..real time clip

Clip-Gain.gif

its not easier than cubase

in cakewalk we should choose clip automation(in track pane)- then choose gain and after that hold ctrl key and  drag left mouse

but in cubase its just left mouse!!!!

Edited by user6808463577169165
it was not enough

On 7/26/2021 at 2:51 AM, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

The FX bin is way too small to show a large amount of plugins

Undocking the Browser and floating it to where you want , then pressing B when you want to call it up, B again to hide it..is much quicker trust me 

PLugin-From-Browser.gif

i mean the search bar should located under(or above) the plugins layout

not in the fx bin

2021-07-29_031222.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, user6808463577169165 said:

in cakewalk we should choose clip automation(in track pane)- then choose gain and after that hold ctrl key and  drag left mouse

You don't need to select 'Clip Automation' ...You can do it from the default ' Clips' setting ...it's just Ctrl-Left Click - Drag..Maybe you have to be using the Smart Tool for this to work but it's the only one I ever use. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, user6808463577169165 said:

i mean the search bar should located under(or above) the plugins layout not in the fx bin

I don't think they can be put there because it's using the standard Windows GUI.  The Browser is much quicker once you get used to it. 

maybe @msmcleod can confirm ?

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw
  • Meh 1

12 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

You don't need to select 'Clip Automation' ...You can do it from the default ' Clips' setting ...it's just Ctrl-Left Click - Drag..Maybe you have to be using the Smart Tool for this to work but it's the only one I ever use. 

12 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Unfortunately I can't do this in your way

I should choose

clip automation>gain>hold ctr and mouse(with smart tool) 

And imagine that it's difficult to do this way each time for changing gain 

Maybe there is some special setting in preference that I don't know it

On 7/24/2021 at 3:12 PM, user6808463577169165 said:

3- locate cursor when clicked in empty space : this can be done when smart tool is active.. but in select tool or  split  tool... Nothing is happened to cursor  after clicking in empty space

I think you mean "set Now Time" in Cakewalk terminology.

I'm with you on this. The behavior has changed a bit over the years, but I'm still reflexively clicking down in the whitespace with the wrong tool. I'm not sure what the rationale is for limiting it to the Smart Tool and Move Tool. I'm just as likely (if not more) to want to position the Now Time when I'm using the Select, Edit, and Draw Tools, so why not?

• Like 1

@Starship Krupa

I think this limitation is almost hidden and not very visible .. Like the bug that was in MP3 export for years and after exporting... a 1 second silence was added to  first  of the mp3 file and after many correspondences I had with cakewalk, finally they  Fix this bug

Edited by user6808463577169165
Forget to mention

On 7/29/2021 at 4:23 AM, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

I don't think they can be put there because it's using the standard Windows GUI.  The Browser is much quicker once you get used to it. 

maybe @msmcleod can confirm ?

The new plugin menu's do not use Windows common controls any more. We have plans of extending them further as we go along and an embedded search filter was also discussed. I don't have a timeline for when this will happen since there are other higher priority features in the pipeline before that.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1