Musical FusterCluck

Bapu

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

UPS has an update for me:

JUL 26

5:11 PM

We've begun an investigation to locate the package. 

Ooopsss we sent it to Kenny by accident 🤯

WHAT ! Look what I found outside my front door last night when I went out to have a smoke ....

00C0C_g77EW8QA0rGz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

PS I'm only kidding around . I hope your new bass shows up soon in perfect condition .

Kenny

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2021 at 6:43 AM, Notes_Norton said:

I remember Tiger Direct. I've done business with them before, when I was using desktop computers.

Nowadays, I use nothing but ThinkPads and I get the software of my choice (without bloatware) from the factory.

Tiger Direct always treated me decently.

I hope your luck continues and you end up with two basses :)

Notes

I use to live near both of their retail stores. They closed those.  I miss that. 

I used MF once years ago. They screwed up & sent a mixing board to my home in Ct. instead of Florida. It was left outside in the winter. Totally their fault they were not going to make good on it. I contacted the BBB & won the case.

Chances are it will arrive in good shape otherwise have them send a replacement or get a refund.

14 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I thought my place was "the bass place". No?

No "There Can Be Only One "  here's the proof

00f0f_bj08jp2Zx7dz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

When you finally get your new Bass ,

it is only then when your status as The King of the Bass Place will be restored 

00f0f_imnVj3yHnfez_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Great Idea 1

All this reminds me.

I miss the days when we had full-service mom & pop music stores in any mid-sized town and up.

I remember going to Ace Music in Miami and trying out 3 Selmer Mark VI saxophones in a 'practice room' with a strobe tuner and picking the one that had the best intonation.

I remember local music stores with Gibson, Epiphone, Fender, Gretsch, and other major brands hanging on the wall.

Unfortunately, those days are gone. The last two saxophones and the last two guitars I bought, I didn't get to try out first. Plus, I had to wait for delivery.

Some things are definitely better than they used to be, others are not.

Insights, incites and a minor rant by Notes

PS I hope your bass arrives in perfect shape and in the end you decide it was worth the wait.

MF Says:

"I find typically that means that something happened to the package in shipping and it was damaged or lost. I will submit an alert to our shipping claims team who will contact UPS to work that out and issue a refund if needed so that we can get another on order."

2 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

I miss the days when we had full-service mom & pop music stores in any mid-sized town and up.

Unfortunately, those days are gone. The last two saxophones and the last two guitars I bought, I didn't get to try out first. Plus, I had to wait for delivery.

Heck, I miss the old way of buying  a damn t-shirt.

With no more clothing stores nearby anymore, I have to get stuff from Amazon. That's a crapshoot - you never know what you're actually gonna get.