Musical FusterCluck

Bapu

That Epi bass that was supposed to be here this past Monday has not arrived and the UPS tracking ID says they are waiting on the arrival of the parcel, so no tracking info is available.

MF says they sent in an investigation request to UPS but it could take up to 10 days to get the results (unless of course if it shows up before then).

Sceeesh!!!! What a bunch of 🍆s.

Edited by Bapu

I told you it was still growing somewhere. I can't help you if you won't listen.

Is aubergine a new form of insult? I've not heard that one. What's wrong with aubergines? I mean, don't get me  wrong, they're not like proper food, but deep fry 'em with a bit of seasoning and they can be quite tolerable.*

*assuming that one has already imbibed sufficient beer to be at the stage where everything is delicious.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

An aubergine of the eggplant genus

Appeared with a certain freeness

In a post by our Ed

At the top of this thread

Because it looks just like a p

If his p looks like an aubergine then his missing geetar could be the least of his problems............

• Haha 3

I've had problems with MF myself.

Fortunately, mine ended up good. I hope yours ends up well, too.

When the Parker Dragon Fly (now MaxxFly) first came out, I ordered one from MF.

When it arrived, it was a MIDI MOJO fly, worth almost 3 times what I paid for.  I called MF, informed them of the error, and they said they were out of stock for DFs and had no date for a resupply. They said I could keep the MIDI MOJO.

I checked with the FTC, waited the required time to be sure if they changed their mind, they would have no case to get it back.

I sold the MIDI MOJO in Ebay, took the money I got from the MOJO, both the Dragon Fly from another dealer, and with the money I made selling the MOJO I paid for the DF and still had $800.00 left over. So I got a free guitar and $800.

Best deal I ever got.

Notes

You should try buying a lefty fender acoustisonic. 

I finally broke down and decided to get one on amazon. There has been 10 available for months from 2 vendors.

Zero available now and I get a message saying they don't know if they ever will be in stock again.

There's 1 guy with 1 on ebay. 99.5% positive ratings with 10s of thousands of items sold. Same guy who was selling them on amazon so now I'm hesitant to buy it because he says he doesn't have any on amazon and no eta if any on restock. 

2 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

There has been 10 available for months from 2 vendors.

Zero available now and I get a message saying they don't know if they ever will be in stock again.

I suspect there is a lot of BS around what's "in stock" with online vendors. I've seen many things supposedly available until you actually try to buy them, at which time "due to high demand" they're suddenly not and your order will be dispatched as soon as new stock is received, date TBA.. My guess is that they know that putting out of stock will mean that the customer will quickly move on to the next alternative and the business is gone, so they try to take the money and then give you the bad news and hope you will be patient or maybe they're not even buying stock until they have definite orders because of cashflow. Recently I was looking into getting two new pc monitors in case my repair guy couldn't fix a fault with mine and there was hardly any available anywhere. My goto pc guy said that they haven't been able to buy them for months now.  Luckily I got mine repaired, so it wasn't an issue, but it seems like I would have been screwed if  they were not repairable. Arturia have been promising stock of controller keyboards "by the end of the month" since March at least and still nobody seems to have them. Building trade contacts here are reporting shortages of just about everything. 

18 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

I've had problems with MF myself.

Fortunately, mine ended up good. I hope yours ends up well, too.

When the Parker Dragon Fly (now MaxxFly) first came out, I ordered one from MF.

When it arrived, it was a MIDI MOJO fly, worth almost 3 times what I paid for.  I called MF, informed them of the error, and they said they were out of stock for DFs and had no date for a resupply. They said I could keep the MIDI MOJO.

I checked with the FTC, waited the required time to be sure if they changed their mind, they would have no case to get it back.

I sold the MIDI MOJO in Ebay, took the money I got from the MOJO, both the Dragon Fly from another dealer, and with the money I made selling the MOJO I paid for the DF and still had $800.00 left over. So I got a free guitar and $800.

Best deal I ever got.

Notes

@Notes_Norton I had a similar experience with Tiger Direct back in the 90's. I ordered a computer and after 10 days of not receiving it (was supposed to be 3 day shipping) they offered to overnight me a replacement one. That same day I received the computer and I seriously thought "Wow that was faster than a day". 

The next day I received the 2nd one. They never asked for it back or charged me for that 2nd one. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bapu said:

@Notes_Norton I had a similar experience with Tiger Direct back in the 90's. I ordered a computer and after 10 days of not receiving it (was supposed to be 3 day shipping) they offered to overnight me a replacement one. That same day I received the computer and I seriously thought "Wow that was faster than a day". 

The next day I received the 2nd one. They never asked for it back or charged me for that 2nd one. 

I remember Tiger Direct. I've done business with them before, when I was using desktop computers.

Nowadays, I use nothing but ThinkPads and I get the software of my choice (without bloatware) from the factory.

Tiger Direct always treated me decently.

I hope your luck continues and you end up with two basses :)

Notes

It's not just Musician's Friend, and it's not just UPS. Still waiting on an amp from Sweetwater via FedEx that was supposed to arrive last Friday. Watching the tracking page has been, um, entertaining. In one leg, my package took 3 days to travel 17 miles. It has spent one or more nights in at least 8 different states. Fingers crossed it doesn't finally arrive and is damaged.

Oh, what I really hate is - I forget what they call it - that one where a real carrier (take your pick) moves your shipment most of the way and the post office makes the delivery. I've seen a package come all the way across the country in two days and the post office sit on it for TWO WEEKS!

When I bought that Mustang amp from G.C. I had to order it. The demo model I tried at the store here in K.C. (Overland Park to be exact) looked like it was dragged behind a truck and they wouldn't give a discount on it so I ordered a new one online.

Their warehouse is here in K.C.. I was supposed to have it in 2 days and it didn't show up and no tracking. I called and asked if I could pick it up at the warehouse since I lived so close. The guy says, "What the hell do you want it so bad for man?". 

And that was the last time I bought anything from G.C.. and I never will again. And I returned the amp once it eventually did show up.

On that note the guy on Amazon has 5 more of those lefty Acoustisonic's I've been itching to get. Now to decide if I should beg my wife for approval or forgiveness ...

I'm sorry you guys are having to wait for this stuff. It sucks and the longer it gets bounced and transferred around in this boiling heat the worse it is. 

btw, my amp did finally arrive today.

I might not have known, though, because they just dumped it at my back door. Fortunately, my grandson noticed it when he was sneaking out for a bong hit. I'd have thought they'd have required a signature. At least they dumped it at the right house - what a nightmare it would have been had they left it at the neighbor's.

• Like 1