Music documentaries on Hulu

Shane_B.

There are 2 music documentaries on Hulu now that are superb.

One about The Band called Once Were Brothers and a brand new one out a couple days ago called McCartney 321. 

I learned tons of things about The Band I never knew like they had been together since they were kids.

The McCartney one is a multi part series. I watched episode 1 tonight. It was fantastic.

There's also a non music related one call Sasquatch. I starts out being about "bigfoot" but takes a wicked turn.

I get Hulu free with my cell service. They offer a free trial period if you don't have it. Worth the hassle for these 3 shows.

To be honest ... these are the only 3 shows I've ever watched on Hulu. 4 sorry ... they have The Last Waltz also.

We watched the whole McCartney 3,2,1 last weekend,

I'll need to check out The Band one.

I've seen The Last Waltz at least 6 times. I've always loves EC's smooth recovery when his strap comes undone. Oh, yeah, some good music in that one too. 🙂 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bapu said:

I'll need to check out The Band one.

I've watched it 3 times. It's really good.

That part where his strap comes off is great. I really like the part where they are trading leads and EC whips RR to pieces. Love the look on ECs faces when he's doing it.

I recently saw a documentary on TCM called "Jimi Hendrix". It was the first one made, just 3 years after Hendrix's death. It was pretty good. Included was a clip of Jimi playing a left-handed Flying V. I think that's the first time I saw him playing a lefty.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 11:10 AM, paulo said:

Clicking the "start free trial" option on Hulu takes me to a sign up page for a free trial of Amazon Prime Video. What's with that? 

if you're in the uk/eu then that's because hulu license a bunch of stuff to amazon prime, i think

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

if you're in the uk/eu then that's because hulu license a bunch of stuff to amazon prime, i think

6 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

hm, having said that i get to https://signup.hulu.com/plans

but didn't go any further (i'm in nl)

Your link takes me to what I would expect to see, except that the prices are $US and cheaper than amazon..

I was on https://www.hulufreetrial.co.uk/ which diverts to amazon when selecting sign up.

I'm not really bothered, I was just curious to see what was on Hulu compared to the alternatives and what it cost. . If it's just amazon either way I'm happy to pass.