OneKnob Filter by waves - FREE

FranciscoJ

Just something to be aware of: as far as I understand, your plugins will continue to work after your one year of WUP ends, but you will not get any further plugin updates or any help from support. This is probably not much of an issue on Windows, but Macs seem to have a tendency to break all software on every OS update.

2 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Please stop scaring people about WUP and possibly missing on deals

TLDR for those who don't already know the details about WUP: Get the freebie and ignore all the talk about WUP. You'll get the plugin and a year of free updates, after a year there are no more free updates, but the version you have will continue to work the same as it worked before.

They seem to have gotten better about it as of late, but they have historically had Waves Central updates that can "break" plugins that previously did work (v9 to v 10 was the worst offender that I recall), and without WUP they won't lift a finger to help you.  

This is relevant as you add plugins over the years.  If you literally never run a Waves Central update - once they are working they should continue working.  But if you add plugins or run multiple versions - from experience and from seeing other posts there are instances where you should have a working plugin but don't.

I have machines that have v9 plugins that won't work and also even have a v12 plugin that won't work on one machine (but will work on the older machine).  Waves isn't all rainbows and unicorns despite being one of the leading sellers of these things.

2 hours ago, antler said:

Just something to be aware of: as far as I understand, your plugins will continue to work after your one year of WUP ends, but you will not get any further plugin updates or any help from support. This is probably not much of an issue on Windows, but Macs seem to have a tendency to break all software on every OS update.

Mac owners can probably afford WUP! 🤣

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Please stop scaring people about WUP and possibly missing on deals

TLDR for those who don't already know the details about WUP: Get the freebie and ignore all the talk about WUP. You'll get the plugin and a year of free updates, after a year there are no more free updates, but the version you have will continue to work the same as it worked before.

With all due respect, it's not a WUP scare tactic. If you can do without support and product updates after a year, WUP is totally optional.

I have only WUPped once, and that was a good deal IMHO to get the resizable plugin UI's and the modern preset browsers. But I will probably forgo WUP in the future...

• Like 1