MIDI velocity the same in PRV

Al Robbins

Is there an easy way to make the velocity all the same value in Piano Roll View? I figured out the scale version - but I want to make all the hits on the kick drum (Addictive Drums 2) to be the same velocity - about 84. I am using AD2 to reenforce an audio recording of a kick drum. 

Scaling Velocity will multiply or divide a value to the existing velocity - so it shouldn't make them uniform ( unless they already are ). If you select all notes from the piano keys then use the event inspector, you can type a uniform value to notes selected. Same goes for setting uniform durations,  channel assignment etc  - It's a very powerful global editing tool.

I finally downloaded the Cakewalk reference guide, found the Event Inspector and changed the velocity on all the MIDI notes at the same time.

I started as a Sonar Platinum user three years ago and transferred over to Cakewalk when BandLab took it over. 

I am very grateful for the forum users - thanks everyone! 

Much appreciated.

Edited by Al Robbins

Being a mouse user I simply highlight all the kick notes using the left side keyboard, then pick a lower velocity note click in the top middle to get the smart tool velocity icon , drag them all up. let go, now drag them all down to the amount I wanted. Takes a few seconds, no menus to fuss with, just mouse editing.  As always there are at least 4 ways to do the same task in Cakewalk. 

47 minutes ago, Cactus Music said:

As always there are at least 4 ways to do the same task in Cakewalk. 

I don't think we've yet mentioned all 4...

Back in the olden days of the MIDI sequencer known as Cakewalk, there was an "Interpolate" dialog.  I thought it had gone away, but it's still there, under Process->Find/Change...  You'll find a spectacularly daunting dialog that will allow you to apply all manner of evil to your selected MIDI data.

Make sure that just Note is checked and then check the "exec" box under Velocity.  Set Min and Max to 84 and click OK.

Like I said there are always more than 5 ways to do something in Cakewalk. My method is the fastest as you need not open any dialog boxes. Click/drag/click/drag. It works best if you find the note with the lowest velocity. but generally they are close enough to not make any difference to the sound.  Not sure if this short video will work? 

Edited by Cactus Music