Plugin search option.

Will.

I have search for this, but cant find a thread for it. 

Option to have a "Plugin Search|Search Audio FX option" right on the FX Bin area by double clicking anywhere on an empty space in it | OR | by CTRL+Right Click (for quick access) and as an option available by right clicking and have it first in that MENU too. 

Reason:  Not every user make use of the browser to add effects or instruments/synths. My workfow is that of in place inserts - where i am in the project and not having to move away from that.

It's a quick workflow (Extremely important.) 

Right clicking in the clip view  to bring it up will be even more helpful too. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

17 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Reason:  Not every user make use of the browser to add effects or instruments/synths. My workfow is that of in place inserts - where i am in the project and not having to move away from that.

It's a quick workflow (Extremely important.) 

The Browser method was added when they moved to the Skylight Interface in  so it's a much newer workflow than the original method of Inserting FX by right clicking  an FX bin  which goes right back to the old Cakewalk Pro Audio line of the 90s.

The old method is fine if you don't have many plugins but it's not as fast when you have hundreds of them. Learning the shortcut open it up becomes second nature after a while.  I am not sure why you think yo have to move away from the project when you don't. 

Don't just take my word for it , read what the pro's say  - Here is a cutting from the Sound on Sound review of X1 

image.png.8d8b2a61dffb7edfb3417a6c5977401c.png   

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw

6 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

You can't force me to use the browser if it doesn't work for me and my workflow. End of story. 

You wanted a faster way to find plugins..Cakewalk already gave you one, and I merely showed you the quickest way to use it. 

Whether you choose to incorporate that workflow or not is up to you but it might help another user that comes across this post

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw
  • Like 1

I am not sure if I need search function for plugin Insert menu in particular, but in general, search function is great for huge lists.

So if the cakewalk UI can handle it, that'd be a great improvement....or is it just Windows UI that can't have search function...?

What I want is for output lists. When I need to assign sidechain, it's tedious to find the one I am looking for, particularly when I have a lot of tracks with sidechain-capable plugins.