Anyone else had an email from PB with offer on Izotope

TracingArcs

Had an email from PB offering Izotope 9 Standard at 80% off (£44). as I'm a "valued customer" blah,blah, with a special code. Thing is. I have Izotope Elements 9, and found it lacking for mastering, ok for individual tracks. I also have IKM TRacks 5 .It just has a few processors ,(9) and again I don't use it much as I feel it is always running "hot" and use parts on tracks. But do always master on my old Soundforge 10. And trust it.

Is there anything about IZ Standard 9 that makes it different to the Elements, IKM, old Soundforge. As it seems a good deal costwise. And anyone else had the email?

I absolutely recommend you Ozone Standard (I mena you refer to that product), or any Standard version of iZotope products over the Elements versions. Standard versions are a huge step forward. Elements is more focused in users needing a very simple and straightforward tool (similar to Toontrack EZMix). If you are not that kind of user then standard or advance are the versions for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I suggest to take heed as iZotope is on a slippery slope with subscription privileges and the like. Bought by the company behind Native Instruments so a merger seems likely, maybe even in Komplete 14. 

• Like 2

Been checking the content of Standard against Elements. And it seems to go into the depth I prefer when mastering.  I had seen the subscription talk about Izotope and  a merger could be on the cards for the future. Not so sure how that would affect me as a user of both Komplete 13  and potentially Izotope 9 Standard. If I invest in IZ now .could I find a better package  down the line from both NI and IZ? I'm not an advocate of subscription. So may pull the trigger on this one.

iZotope offered me a stupid good deal back in June to crossgrade from "any paid iZotope product" to iZotope Music Production Suite 4 for $299, with a free year of Groove3 thrown into the deal!

That was like $33 for each application/plugin, plus Groove3! So no subscriptions for me! I'm all set! :)

Everything, but the kitchen sink! https://www.izotope.com/en/products/music-production-suite.html

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, TracingArcs said:

Logged into my Izotope a/c and I can get Standard 9 for £99. PB are less than half that at£45. It's valid till 1st Aug. So will wait till then to see what freebie PB offer by then.

Unless there's an equally tempting deal for 09 advanced, I'd be all over it for that price. I haven't had the standard version since v5, but if it were on sale today I would still buy it at that price if I didn't already have the newer versions. If you have nothing Izotope other than elements level stuff , it's almost worth buying just to get in to a better position for future upgrade deals. That said I have no idea what the IKM/Soundforge stuff is like.

Another thing to bear in mind is that Izotope are usually pretty generous with grace periods - ie if on Sept 1st they announced Ozone 10, if you were to contact them and say..."Oi, I only just bought Ozone 9 and now I feel cheated" (even though you got it for next to nothing and it shouldn't take genius levels of IQ to figure out why)  then based on previous years they would give you 10 FOC.  IMO the best bang for buck in Izotope terms is usually when the MPS bundle hits sale time, but I think that has been and gone for this year. Of course, the recent merger may have an effect on all this. Izotope demos are usually fully functioning for a decent length of time, so nothing to lose by trying it out.

2 hours ago, TracingArcs said:

Logged into my Izotope a/c and I can get Standard 9 for £99. PB are less than half that at£45. It's valid till 1st Aug. So will wait till then to see what freebie PB offer by then.

I though the same thing, but it won't work. Both the Ozone offer and the current freebie end on August 1st. So if you wait for the next freebie, which will be on August 2nd, then the Ozone deal will have expired. Strange though that the current freebie is not ending end of July...

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Strange though that the current freebie is not ending end of July...

Not really...31st July is a Sat, 1st Aug is a Sunday and from my experience, nobody is usually in attendance at PIB on a weekend.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Finnbogi Ragnar Ragnarsson said:

I'm wondering, I got this offer, is it worth buying when I have Ozone 7 Advanced and first version of Neutron Advanced?

I hardly used O8A because I got it just before O9A was announced and Izotope gave me a free upgrade, so I don't recall too much about what was new in that. Master rebalance  was the show stealer for me in 09A but I don't think that is included in the standard version, so honestly I don't think there is too much to be gained in going from O7Advanced to 09Standard. IIRC the standard versions don't have Standalone capability either.

Edited by paulo

12 minutes ago, paulo said:

I hardly used O8A because I got it just before O9A was announced and Izotope gave me a free upgrade, so I don't recall too much about what was new in that. Master rebalance in 09A was the show stealer fro me in 09A but I don't think that is included in the standard version, so honestly I don't think there is too much to be gained in going from O7Advanced to 09Standard. IIRC the standard versions don't have Standalone capability either.

Just checked as not having standalone would have been a deal breaker for me. And Standard is standalone (and will also host) phew !

3 minutes ago, TracingArcs said:

Just checked as not having standalone would have been a deal breaker for me. And Standard is standalone (and will also host) phew !

I guess they changed that somewhere along the way then - I remember thinking that when the price is right it almost made the upgrade worth it on it's own.