It's started crashing....

@Noel Borthwick

Here's a more recent dump, that led me to believe that MidiGuitar is the culprit. It's on a few tracks, but it's Track 3 seems to be the one that has a problem with it....

Cakewalk Plug-in Crash Dump (c:\program files\Cakewalk\vstplugins\MIDIGuitar2-64bit.dll)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dump File: C:\Users\markj\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\MiniDumps\Plugins\ROOM_07232021_203926.dmp
Exception Code: c0000005d
Faulting Module: c:\program files\Cakewalk\vstplugins\MIDIGuitar2-64bit.dll
App Version: 27.06.0.053
User: markj
Serial: CBCO-1.00-DCMUXI-WRSKMT
Project File: C:\Cakewalk Projects\ROOM\ROOM.cwp
IsPluginCrash: 1
Total Phys Mem 16694516 KB
Avail Phys Mem 10025364 KB

---------------
Audio Settings
---------------

AlwaysOpenAllDevices 0
DynamicArm 0
DynArmOnlyInputs 1
MultiProc 1
MinimizeDriverStateChanges 1
MMCSS 1
WaveRT 0
CloseOnLostFocus 0
Default Bit Depth 24
Default Rec Bit Depth 16
Default Render Depth 32
Default Sample Rate 44100
Playback Buffer Size 4
Bounce Buffer Size 4
Core 2
Play Timing Master Focusrite USB ASIO Output 1
Record Timing Master Focusrite USB ASIO Input 1

IIRC, MidiGuitar is very sensitive to ASIO buffer size and sample rate.

It's been a while since I've used it, but it needs a minimum of 128 as a buffer size and it worked best for me at 48K.

Any time I used it in a project, I'd delete it as soon as I had the MIDI conversion.  

But yeah, I stopped using it due to it being buggy and prone to crashes.

@Mark Bastable I need the actual minidump file not the text file. Can you please send the original file (it has a .dmp extension)
BTW the reason your zip file was so big was because you had audio from multiple versions of the project file in the audio folder. If I do a save as and save to a new folder it will copy only the associated audio files. After I do that The size dropped to 81 MB which is quite normal.
There is no audiosnap data here as I first thought. 
I don't see any obvious problems with your project. I suspect your crashes are all caused by that plugin. When you send the dump file I can get better information.

On 7/24/2021 at 2:33 AM, Mark Bastable said:

Incidentally, I suspect I'm going through exactly the same process that I encountered when I taught myself a computer coding language thirty-odd years ago - which is that I'm learning things in the order I need them to solve immediate problems, rather than in any simple-to-complex sequence.

When I eventually got a job working with trained programmers, it turned out there were some very straightforward and fundamental techniques about which, rather embarrassingly,  I had no clue at all. But on the other hand, I sometimes cobbled together unconventional solutions about which my co-workers said, "Blimey, how did you get it to do that?"

Which is not to suggest I’m even close to impressing anyone on this forum. I’m a long way from that. I’m just admitting to ignorance. 

It's not so much a learning curve as a learning splatter. It'll take me a while to get it all to join up.

With the complexity of a program like CbB, the learning path can often be dictated by where you jumped on the merry go round. 
I’ve always recommended getting to grips with the basics and building skills of greater complexity rather than “seeing” a task to complete and only taking those steps necessary for that. You lose cohesion between the various program functions. 
I understand however that CbB’s depth and complexity do make the “jump on the merry go round” process the more often taken path. 

50 minutes ago, Michael Vogel said:

I’ve always recommended getting to grips with the basics and building skills of greater complexity rather than “seeing” a task to complete and only taking those steps necessary for that. You lose cohesion between the various program functions. 

For me, it's a usual way to learn. As long as I understand the underlying principles, everything sort of stays in place while I fill in the gaps. 

It's like learning the geography of London by travelling on the Tube. You go to Tottenham Court Road station every day and you know the surrounding area. And once in a while you go to Covent Garden station, so you know the streets around there quite well. There's a kind of splodge of 'known London' surrounding each Tube station you emerge from regularly.  But one day circumstances take you to Holborn, where you've never been before, and as you're heading to your appointment,  you go, "Ahhh - so, if I kept going along here, I'd get to Tottenham Court Road and Covent Garden's down there to the left. Got it, got it." The splodges start to join up.

To push my analogy a little further, I'd never get that from the Tube map, which'll show in principle how to use the system, but can't impart the experience of actually walking the streets.

Edited by Mark Bastable

18 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Mark Bastable I need the actual minidump file not the text file. Can you please send the original file (it has a .dmp extension)
BTW the reason your zip file was so big was because you had audio from multiple versions of the project file in the audio folder. If I do a save as and save to a new folder it will copy only the associated audio files. After I do that The size dropped to 81 MB which is quite normal.
There is no audiosnap data here as I first thought. 
I don't see any obvious problems with your project. I suspect your crashes are all caused by that plugin. When you send the dump file I can get better information.

Gotcha. Please see your messages.....

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

@Mark Bastable I looked at the dump files you sent.
The crash is consistently in the plugin on its own thread, and there is no context of interest within the Cakewalk code.

The crash appears to be the plugin accessing uninitialized data.
Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFA9CC9FA87 (MIDIGuitar2-64bit.dll) in ROOM_07232021_203926.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

To resolve this you will have to follow up with the plugin vendor and forward the crashes to them.

On 7/26/2021 at 4:11 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

@Mark Bastable I looked at the dump files you sent.
The crash is consistently in the plugin on its own thread, and there is no context of interest within the Cakewalk code.

The crash appears to be the plugin accessing uninitialized data.
Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFA9CC9FA87 (MIDIGuitar2-64bit.dll) in ROOM_07232021_203926.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

To resolve this you will have to follow up with the plugin vendor and forward the crashes to them.

This might amuse you....

I went to JamOrigin's site, gave them the background  and posted most of the message quoted above.

One piece of advice was that I ought to speak to a bloke called Noel Borthwick, who's apparently pretty good with this Cakewalk stuff.

Lol we used to do work with them at one point. You can tell them that the bloke said that since the crash is completely within the plugin there is nothing actionable from our side until one of their developers investigates the reason for it crashing by looking at the dump. I don't have magical powers to analyze their code unfortunately :)