60% off Rob Papen Rhythm Guitar Synth

Time+Space

Rob Papen is known for his powerful and creative sound design plugins and Rhythm Guitar Synth is no exception, now with 60% off!

RG is a unique plug-in from Rob Papen that is far more than just a 'virtual Rhythm Guitar' player. The sound sets are clean sampled guitars, which gives you great freedom and flexibility when using the synthesizer features and effects of RG:

• The classic Fender Stratocaster electric guitar (major and minor7 chords)
  • A 8th note groove type Steel String acoustic guitar (major and minor chords)
  • A 16th note groove type Steel String acoustic guitar (major and minor chords)
  • A Power Chord groove type Distorted guitar ( 5ths chords / absence of 3rd)
  • Muted Low and Muted High groove type guitar (single notes / no chords)

SAVE 60% UNTIL 31ST AUGUST 2021 > https://www.timespace.com/collections/rob-papen/products/rob-papen-rhythm-guitar-synth

BUY OR UPGRADE TO EXPLORER 6 AND GET A FREE UPGRADE TO EXPLORER 7 WHEN IT IS RELEASED!

Remember to use your T+S Loyalty Points to save even more!

RP_RGSale_MCnew.jpg

Edited by Time+Space

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/rob-papen-rg-rhythm-guitar

$39.00 (minus $3.90 DeluxeBucks)

or

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/457

$39.00 (minus £1.42 PB Virtual cash + 0.5 tokens). This is approx $2.54 cash rewards but, if you don't yet have iZotope PhoenixVerb you can get it as the freebie of the month.

(Sorry @Time+Space, we usually post in the thread when we find a cheaper deal than the original post. On the other hand, if you can improve on the current $1.87 in T+S Loyalty points, or you can add an interesting freebie of the month, we'll be happy to hear about it!)

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
  • Like 1

I'm a sucker for guitar plugins at good prices but...

This is an old plugin and it shows in the quality of the audio. It's too far from convincing guitar sounds.

The basic idea is fine. If they got it to sound more like real guitars it could very well have a second round as a top seller.

The sample library should be renewed.

11 hours ago, Kurre said:

I'm a sucker for guitar plugins at good prices but...

This is an old plugin and it shows in the quality of the audio. It's too far from convincing guitar sounds.

The basic idea is fine. If they got it to sound more like real guitars it could very well have a second round as a top seller.

The sample library should be renewed.

Yeah, it's pretty poor. I would say that there is one too many £31.95's in that price, but that would still be over valuing it.

I don’t own any Rob Papen plugins but saw that the more plugins you own the cheaper it is to upgrade to explorer 6/7.  I did that with Eventide where I picked enough cheap plugins that eventually got a really good price on Anthology.  I’m kind of wondering if it’s worth doing this here too.  Seems a lot of plugins are quite old though.  Anyone with explorer 6 have any comments if there are any gems that maybe have been upgraded recently or would justify getting the series?

11 hours ago, kevin H said:

I don’t own any Rob Papen plugins but saw that the more plugins you own the cheaper it is to upgrade to explorer 6/7.  I did that with Eventide where I picked enough cheap plugins that eventually got a really good price on Anthology.  I’m kind of wondering if it’s worth doing this here too.  Seems a lot of plugins are quite old though.  Anyone with explorer 6 have any comments if there are any gems that maybe have been upgraded recently or would justify getting the series?

First, I will dispense with the main topic.  I have the Rhythm Guitar plug in as part of Explorer, but I have not gotten around to loading it yet!

To @kevin H 's question.  That is the route I took to getting the bundle.  I bought Punch 2 for $86 and liked it a lot.  I decided I want to go ahead and get the full bundle, and at the time (@ March this year), the best route I found was getting Sound Design X bundle for $47 (discontinued but Best Service still sold it), which entitled me to Explorer 6 for $99.  Total cost $232.  I actually checked with RP direct before I made the Design X purchase to verify that I could finish the bundle, since Design X was no longer offered direct from RP.  They were quick to reply and helpful.  Bonus- The DelSane delay was released about a week after I bought the Explorer bundle.  I asked nicely, and RP immediately gave me a free key for it.

If you like synths- there is a lot to Explore in this bundle 🙄.  Yes, there is a lot of old stuff, but a number of the synths have old versions included for back compatibility I suppose.  A new user can just ignore the early stuff.  RP is constantly updating and adding features to their titles, and the point upgrades have been free so far.  Massive number of presets, and the newer synths have "easy" parameter pages with reduced controls to make it easier to tweak without diving into the manual.   RP has been posting YT videos about every week for a long time with tutorials, tips, and development update commentary. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2021 at 6:24 AM, kevin H said:

Rob keeps updating his plugins and adding new plugins, so I wouldn't worry about old. I would suggest the route like Brian did. Start with 1-3 seperate plugins and then upgrade. I personally love how they work, it's just something in the workflow and the sound I'm after. Predator 2 is really good (and can be overwhelming). The hidden gem for me is BIT.

I'm constantly surprised when I load a preset (and there are a LOT) and tweak it, I get such great results. I know it's a taste thing, but there are many other synths which don't do that for me.

• Thanks 1