Bandlab v10 Released

Jim Fogle

Did any other forum members receive an email announcement that Bandlab has released v10?   +++ HERE +++ is a link to the blog announcement.  Here is a quote from the blog:

Along with the obvious massive visual overhaul, BandLab 10.0 brings major improvements to both the social and creation experience. On top of general fixed and quality-of-life improvements, here’s an overview of some of the biggest changes and new features:

Your all-new profile page

A reworked Replies feature

Private accounts

A next-generation update to our Mix Editor

A brand new Project Page

A game-changing new instrument – Sampler

A refreshed and remastered Mastering feature

I've bolded four items of note: fixes, new Mix Editor, Sampler and new Mastering.

8 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

Dumb question ... What is bandlab? Is it an app or did they redo CbB? 

Btw yeah I got an email but honestly I had no clue what they were talking about.

BandLab is a web based collaboration/creator tool. It's a stripped down DAW not to be considered a replacement to CbB but does integrate to CbB (or so I'm told).

It existed before they bought the Cakewalk assets. It is now being improved upon (and it looks like they might be using some of the CbB tech, IDK).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

BandLab is a web based collaboration/creator tool. It's a stripped down DAW not to be considered a replacement to CbB but does integrate to CbB (or so I'm told).

It existed before they bought the Cakewalk assets. It is now being improved upon (and it looks like they might be using some of the CbB tech, IDK).

Thanks Bapu,

I did get the announcement in my in box.

I'm assuming CbB is Cakewalk (???)

I got the message, clicked on BandLab and was a bit confused as to what it could offer me.

Since I'm neck deep in writing/marketing aftermarket products for Band-in-a-Box plus learning new songs, making backing tracks from scratch, rehearsing, being  band salesman, and gigging for my duo, (not to mention wasting time typing on a few forums), I don't need to add on-line collaboration to the mix.

Not that that is a bad thing, there simply is only so much time in the day.

Good luck to the nice folks at BandLab, I hope it's a success for them.

Notes

On 7/22/2021 at 8:54 PM, Shane_B. said:

Dumb question ... What is bandlab? Is it an app or did they redo CbB? 

Btw yeah I got an email but honestly I had no clue what they were talking about.

As far as I have seen from the BL site it's like a fing wot kidz can use to like make sum bangin beatz on der fone.