Too Much Time For Thinking

freddy j

Well it is back to the comfort zone and  love of the early 1950's style Blues.  The attempt was to do it  in a kind of Jimmy McCracklin style of Blues/Rhythm 'n Blues (early to mid-1950'style).  It is about a guy who has been isolated (perhaps due to CoVid 19?) for a while.  This has given this poor subject of the song - "Too Much Time For Thinking."

I am always appreciative of your comments, suggestions, crit.'s, etc.  Thanks!

TOO MUCH TIME FOR THINKING

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandid=963481

• Like 2

Hi tom.  Thanks for the kind comments.  As long as I got close --- Jimmy McCracklin's rhythmic style is certainly his own.  Not sure if the comments down the post were directed to me nor am I sure what the numbers mean.  I don't follow stat's like that very closely.  I will be the first to admit that I am a poor communicator - especially virtually.  I offer no excuses but do offer a reason for a recent lack of participation.  My wife had to go in the hospital a few weeks ago and now that she is at home I have been taking care of her while she recuperates.  I appreciate your taking the time to listen and comment!!

Hey Wookiee.  Thank you my furry friend (I love alliterations).  A lot of McCracklin's songs were that way (e.g., The Walk).  I was hoping I got near that style.

Hi Bapu.  Good to see you back on the Forum again.  Can we expect some tunes from the Coffee House Band (or spinoffs)?  I hope so.  Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.  It is much appreciated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, freddy j said:

Not sure if the comments down the post were directed to me nor am I sure what the numbers mean.

They most certainly were NOT directed at you. 
t

hope your wife is doing well and wish her a full recovery. I have some experience at being the caregiver; two knees and a kidney. All three with outstanding results. 

Thank you for the listen and comments Mark.  You're right -- too much time for thinking can be a bane but can also be a time for some good reflection and decisions.  My, my --- that is uncharacteristically optimistic of me.  😄

Hi Tom.  Thanks much for your comments and PM.  I do hope that your wife and you are doing well!

Hello HSM.  Thanks very much for listening and responding!  I am very glad that you liked it!

Hi Nigel. Thanks very much for listening and taking the time to comment.  Just a wee bit of social observation from the fictitious Freddy J and the Good Guys.  BTW, Luv your new post!!

Hey David.  Good to hear from you.  I am glad that you enjoyed it.  I very much appreciate your kind comments.

Hi Bjorn.  Thanks very much appreciate the kind words.  I'm looking forward to listening (and watching) to some new posts from you!

• Like 1