Jump to content
Simeon Amburgey

Audio Plugin Deals | Sampletekk Insane Piano Bundle $59

Recommended Posts

The WG2 combines white grand & sister, right? I've always liked that VI!

Somehow, I've never ended up buying Black Grand or TVBO...could this be the time?! 🙂

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a great deal…….but I have soooo many pianos😱

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great pianos, but a pain in the patootie to download. Sheesh. SLOOOOOW download. 82 stinking files to d/l. 190 MB each. .RAR files.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, John Maar said:

Great pianos, but a pain in the patootie to download. Sheesh. SLOOOOOW download. 82 stinking files to d/l. 190 MB each. .RAR files.

Man, you're not joking! I don't know HOW many cups of coffee I'm gonna go thru...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fret_man said:

Man, you're not joking! I don't know HOW many cups of coffee I'm gonna go thru...

I tried running it overnight, but failed to notice the stupid little popup message in the URL bar blocking multiple downloads. Something turned it on around the 22nd file. Had to disable that "feature". 😠 Just finished and installed Black Grand MkII. D/l'ing the second piano now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2021 at 8:48 AM, Simeon Amburgey said:

So here we go again ;^)

https://bit.ly/APD_Sampletekk_Insane_Keys_Bundle

E64phYOXoAEhxnb.thumb.jpg.552130aef35d92b30cd526274c6f36d4.jpg

*some links help provide support through being an affiliate

Cwapola. I clicked on the link without really looking at it, thinking it would take my to your live stream review of these pianos. Fooled me! 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2021 at 4:27 PM, John Maar said:

Great pianos, but a pain in the patootie to download. Sheesh. SLOOOOOW download. 82 stinking files to d/l. 190 MB each. .RAR files.

I lied again. The final 20 files are a half gig each. That's gotta be TVBO. Taking the fast train...to nowhere.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like it's a library that's going to want you to use the batch resave feature in Kontakt. If anyone else doesn't know what that is, I've recently discovered it's well worth giving it a go! 

It's a function that re-saves the files in what must be Kontakt 6 format (it warns that you lose compatibility with older versions) which makes for faster loading times. If you have a library that sits unresponsive for a minute after you click on it, this can solve that. Makes a huge difference with Pearl Concert Grand Piano for example, so the UI appears in about two seconds (I have it installed on an 8 gig HDD, not a speedy SSD). 

  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe there is an advantage to modeled pianos... :)

  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Craig N said:

If you have a library that sits unresponsive for a minute after you click on it

When I built my newest workstation I added a 2TB NVME disk ($210) dedicated to music content (kontakt, uvi, halion, soundpools, etc) and load time has never been an issue afterwards.

I understand it's not an option for everyone but if your motherboard supports nvme (or you have a pcie slot available for a nvme adapter) it does make life easier

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Craig N said:

Sounds like it's a library that's going to want you to use the batch resave feature in Kontakt. If anyone else doesn't know what that is, I've recently discovered it's well worth giving it a go! 

It's a function that re-saves the files in what must be Kontakt 6 format (it warns that you lose compatibility with older versions) which makes for faster loading times. If you have a library that sits unresponsive for a minute after you click on it, this can solve that. Makes a huge difference with Pearl Concert Grand Piano for example, so the UI appears in about two seconds (I have it installed on an 8 gig HDD, not a speedy SSD). 

An 8 gig HDD? 1995 is calling and wants its hard drive back. I am assuming that is a typo. The Pearl requires 12GB minimum. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

An 8 gig HDD? 1995 is calling and wants its hard drive back. I am assuming that is a typo. The Pearl requires 12GB minimum. 

Haha whoops yes that was a typo. It's an 8TB WD Red that I bought for longevity rather than speed. 

In 1995 I bought an enormous (it seemed at the time) 1.2 GB Maxtor HDD... that only lasted a year. After that died I learned the value of making backups. And the value of letting go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...