Cannot Install Cakewalk

Hi Everyone!

I'm a new user. This is my firts attemps to install cakewalk on a clean WIN10.
The assistant propose me to install by choosing the apps to download.

The download start, takes some time and then ... nothing happends. The button goes back to Install (and download).

I have try to:

- Restart, and launch only the assistant

- Run the assistant on Admin mode

- Choose all or none or few of softwares from assistant

So far nothing changes...

Any idea how to solve it please?

Thank you all in advance.

Regards

It's not a harddrive issue it is a dorked up installer issue. My machine is so far beyond the required specs for this simple program and it runs and updates every Avid product flawlessly, every Adobe product, every Magix and BlackMagic program, but ever since this became Bandlab it has gone to crap.

Maybe some quality control and more involved beta testing by other than fawnboiz would make a big difference.

A prime indication of how little went into the install routine is you are not able to manually set the install paths. Some of us have machines beyond the basic Dell and HP laptops most of you have and we like to very carefully determine where we put our files for enhanced thru put and efficiency. Any program installer that gives you no choice is amateurish at best.

Edited by Stridhur

7 hours ago, Stridhur said:

A prime indication of how little went into the install routine is you are not able to manually set the install paths. Some of us have machines beyond the basic Dell and HP laptops most of you have and we like to very carefully determine where we put our files for enhanced thru put and efficiency. Any program installer that gives you no choice is amateurish at best.

The only way you wouldn't see an option to manually set the install paths would be if you already had an existing Cakewalk/SONAR install, in which case it inherits a path that you would have set previously. Not that you can't manually reconfigure paths after installation either. The OP's issue was with getting the download to run via BandLab Assistant. Other users linked them to a new installer that worked successfully for them. 

I just installed Cakewalk on my daughters brand new HP laptop. Whole process from web site to opening Cakewalk might have taken less than 10 minutes. 

I was busy on the other computer so I let her do it herself. I just told her the web site name and instructions to download the assistant etc. 
I would assume this is exactly what 99% of the people experience. 
So blaming the installers seems out of line to me. The op has weird stuff happening in their computer. Can be no other explanation