Cakewalk TTS 1 synth goes mute and sometimes continues note play like as if its hanged

Prem

I'm using cakewalk a300 pro midi keyboard, In a project I've added Cakewalk TTS1 and other synth. I'm using all 16 channels of tts1. For arrangement I've drawn notes and when I'm playing with my midi keyboard A300 pro, sometimes TTS1 goes mute or hangs with a continuous note play. Same is not the case with any other synth,  so no prob with the midi keyboard.

TTS 1 is the only synth with one instance I can have 16 channels of different instrument.

Hi, PremJ Hans! I've had this kind of issue while using TTS-1 mainly if there are tempo changes on the project as well as a loop selection.
If you could check if is that the same situation I guess it's a known issue.

Also this soft synth is a DXi type which is not being supported anymore, as I read on this forum.
However there are many options recommended on the Instruments & Effects forum, including the Yamaha S-YXG50, which is similar to TTS-1 as it is 16 channel GM plugin (see the Freeware Instruments Thread ).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mgustavo said:

Hi, PremJ Hans! I've had this kind of issue while using TTS-1 mainly if there are tempo changes on the project as well as a loop selection.
If you could check if is that the same situation I guess it's a known issue.

Also this soft synth is a DXi type which is not being supported anymore, as I read on this forum.
However there are many options recommended on the Instruments & Effects forum, including the Yamaha S-YXG50, which is similar to TTS-1 as it is 16 channel GM plugin (see the Freeware Instruments Thread ).

ok! its a scoring project with tempo changes and yes I loop sections to compose. If its a known issue then nothing can be done. Thanks

15 hours ago, PremJ Hans said:

ok! its a scoring project with tempo changes and yes I loop sections to compose. If its a known issue then nothing can be done. Thanks

If you need 16 channels in a plugin, then either NI Kontakt 6, or IK SampleTank 4 would accommodate that, provided that you can live without GM compatibility. The free Kontakt 6 Player will run  many of the various  instrument sample library titles published by NI in the NI store.

If you still need GM. the Roland cloud has a virtual GM module ROMpler plugin, the Sound Canvas VA, that you can buy a license for.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2021 at 3:25 AM, abacab said:

If you need 16 channels in a plugin, then either NI Kontakt 6, or IK SampleTank 4 would accommodate that, provided that you can live without GM compatibility. The free Kontakt 6 Player will run  many of the various  instrument sample library titles published by NI in the NI store.

If you still need GM. the Roland cloud has a virtual GM module ROMpler plugin, the Sound Canvas VA, that you can buy a license for.

I use light weight 16 channel GM like TTS1 for preparing a initial structure, as its lightweight and doesn't occupies too much of ram.  But I don't finalize my project with TTS1. I replace it with good sounding instruments VST's and then bounce it to audio.

Like I can create orchestral structure through midi notes and then later replace TTS1 brass layer with Spitfire brass.  :)

Edited by PremJ Hans

53 minutes ago, PremJ Hans said:

I use light weight 16 channel GM like TTS1 for preparing a initial structure, as its lightweight and doesn't occupies too much of ram.  But I don't finalize my project with TTS1. I replace it with good sounding instruments VST's and then bounce it to audio.

Like I can create orchestral structure through midi notes and then later replace TTS1 brass layer with Spitfire brass.  :)

But you said earlier that TTS-1 no longer works correctly with your workflow. And since it is no longer maintained by Roland, you will need a replacement, correct?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, abacab said:

But you said earlier that TTS-1 no longer works correctly with your workflow. And since it is no longer maintained by Roland, you will need a replacement, correct?

Yes I am facing issue with my current project because it has many tempo changes and as pointed by mgustavo, its a known issue that  if your project has too many tempo changes.

I did mention in post when I'm playing with my midi keyboard A300 pro, sometimes TTS1 goes mute or hangs with a continuous note play.

But there are no issues with drawing notes or playing drawn notes on piano roll

I'm aware of Native Instrument and Spitfire freeware's. And for TTS1 there's no separate client agent thread running in the background, like if I'm not mistaken, there's NI agent thread runs in background in processes for Native Instruments. 

8 hours ago, PremJ Hans said:

I'm aware of Native Instrument and Spitfire freeware's. And for TTS1 there's no separate client agent thread running in the background, like if I'm not mistaken, there's NI agent thread runs in background in processes for Native Instruments. 

The Roland Sound Canvas VA plugin is probably the closest GM plugin to TTS-1. You can buy a lifetime license for the Roland Sound Canvas VA (GS/GM) plugin for USD $69 through the Roland Cloud (free version, no subscription required).

Edited by abacab