You & Me

mark skinner

Here's one I've been going back and forth on for quite a while. I keep getting road blocked on the lyrics and vocals so , I'm just posting it for now as an instrumental. All feedback is welcomed .  If anyone want's a shot at it  you're more than welcomed.  Thanks .. mark

Edited by mark skinner
  • Like 2

Hey my friend, from one lower case mark to another - you are a gifted musician, better than me by far. I have to say though that I was hoping for a break or transition at some point. As someone who has listened to much craig chaquico, I can appreciate "unstructured" feel good music, but since you mentioned lyrics and vocals I hope you can appreciate that you may have to box in your flow a bit in order to incorporate that element. Overall, loved the feel, the vibe and the musicianship. Thank you for sharing that.

- mark

• Like 2

Hey guys, Thanks for the feedback thus far. @Mark Marshall  Welcome to the forum . Good observation about needing to box it in more for vocals. I unboxed it when changing it to an instrumental. It was just boring without the vocals , thus the extra bridges and guitar stuff. @Wookiee Any positive feedback relating to "anything" from a keyboard from You is a big plus for me. To @David Sprouseand @Bert Guyand @DeeringAmps Thanks for the compliments. Don't work too hard Tom , you've been pretty quiet lately.  Thanks ..  mark

• Like 2

Mark . . . I'm OK with this the way it is, endless tasty guitar interludes . . . you could just market it as chill out music, because that's what it did for me.  If you must turn it into a song with lyrics, you'll have to decide which tasty interludes will go to the back, and for me, those would be hard decisions. In my head I can sing almost anything against this, because if it's sheer musicality, but I don't hear a chorus part . . . maybe that's all you need to make a "song" from it, and I can see why you may have wrestled with lyric and song choices on this one . . . will be very interested to see if it becomes more like a song, but for now, I'll keep coming back for more listens when I need to chill.

• Like 1

I'll just throw in "tasty" and "groovin" 'cause it certainly is both. An awesome instrumental with a great mix and guitar playing is much better than the same with lyrics forced in just to have lyrics! My only suggestion might be some tom fills rolling around at the end of some sections.

It was a very cool listen, three times!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1