32" monitor 3840 x 2160p. How will CW look?

Skyline_UK

I'm thinking of getting a larger PC monitor, going up from 27" to 32".  How does having HD at 3840 x 2160p look?  Would CW simply expand and therefore look more pixel-y?  Or would I see more of it but in the resolution i see it now?  Similarly, how do programs like Word and Excel change, again, more detail or larger views?  Probably all a bit basic, but I've never seen a 32" monitor in action on a PC! 

I'm perhaps nervous because 4k TVs are trumpeted everywhere but in fact they can only show 4k if stations broadcast it and the programs themselves were filmed in that resolution.

3 hours ago, Skyline_UK said:

I'm thinking of getting a larger PC monitor, going up from 27" to 32".  How does having HD at 3840 x 2160p look?  Would CW simply expand and therefore look more pixel-y?  Or would I see more of it but in the resolution i see it now?  Similarly, how do programs like Word and Excel change, again, more detail or larger views?  Probably all a bit basic, but I've never seen a 32" monitor in action on a PC! 

I'm perhaps nervous because 4k TVs are trumpeted everywhere but in fact they can only show 4k if stations broadcast it and the programs themselves were filmed in that resolution.

Cakewalk looks great on a 2K 32" monitor. I have been using one for a few years. The resolution on mine is 2560x1440 though, so less than what you are specifying. Here is how it looks on mine. It works very well, nothing is two tiny, plenty of room to work.

image.thumb.png.cc13b1309d881cc98e63fcd1b07a73ed.png

• Thanks 1

Many thanks Jacques.  So it looks like what I thought, i.e. that you get a lot more in view at one time.  I'll take the plunge!

Edit: After more research I think 2560x1440 is a better choice than 3840x1260 because with the latter the text will be too small and it would probably mean upgrading my graphics card due to the larger load.

Edited by Skyline_UK
  • Great Idea 1