Anyone Using MOTU 828 mkII?

Bill Phillips

Question

Is anyone besides me using the now ancient MOTU 828 mkII Firewire? If yes, are you experiencing the issues I describe in my attached May 13 post? If yes, I'll know I'm beating my head against a wall; but if not, maybe there's something that you're doing that I can do to continue using my 828 mkII.

Basically the project I'm working on has grown and seems to require a sample buffer size bigger than 192 samples. When I increase the sample buffer size above 192 samples Cakewalk acts as if I've lowered the buffer size and stops working. (See my previous post for details including a gif) To me it seems like there's a bug in the driver that actually reduces the buffer size for buffer size settings above 192 samples. This is a recent problem. I've recently used sample buffer settings up to the maximum of 1024 samples. I suspect that the problem was caused by a Windows 10 update, but don't have any idea how to address.

I plan to also contact MOTU, but don't expect any help from them. I recently checked for new drivers and found that I have the latest version which was released in 2015.

To get the 828 mkII working I upgraded to a newer Windows 10 compatible Firewire card a few months ago. That solved earlier problems and the 828 mkII was working great until early May when the project I'm working on required me to increase my sample buffer setting above 192 samples. My May 13 post below explains what I'm still experiencing. @scook made one suggestion but the setting in my Configuration File already matched his suggestion.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet