Surround Speaker Mute Doesn't Work

I'm working in 5.1 Film surround. According to the manual I can click on any speaker in the surround panner and mute it. But when I click any speaker nothing happens.

To mute a surround speaker

In the large surround panner, click a speaker icon to mute its output. The speaker icon turns gray when the speaker is muted.

Or

In the small surround panner, click a white square to mute a speaker’s output. The square turns gray when the speaker is muted."

Am I missing something? My ultimate goal is to not have any center channel signal after a mix down. I don't know if muting the center channel in the panner would do that, but muting certainly doesn't happen to allow me to test it. Right clicking on the panner and selecting Mute C (or any speaker) doesn't mute it.

A friend tried it on his system and it doesn't mute either.

Feesuat

Posted June 15, 2019 (edited)

I am working on a film project 5.1 and facing a strange issue. On the large surround panner the speaker icons are not working as I want to mute /unmute but nothing happens upon pressing/clicking on these icons. Whereas it is suppossed to be turning grey upon pressing/clicking  and mute that speaker output.

i am using TC electronics 24d konnect soundcard and windows7 64.

Edited by Terry Kelley

We did a bunch of testing and certain plugins across different companies will break the surround panner mute/solo. Deleting the plugin won't fix it. You have to restart Cakewalk. VST/VST2/VST3/DX.

I'll leave it to support to tell me who's the issue. It's a coin toss which one's will work.

Edit 7/29: Support replied and told me to switch versions of the plugins. If it's a VST then use the 2 or 3 version and vice versa. They said it's helped others in the past .

Edit 12/16/21:  Support updated that they are still working on it.

Edited by Terry Kelley