So, are Sterling by Music Man to Ernie Ball Music Man like Squier to Fender?

Bapu

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

I'm not really complaining. I'm getting  2-3 months to the tank these days. Pre COVID I was using ~2 tanks a month.

My tank is 21 gallons.

Geez. New Ac/Heat in your studio, 21 gallon gas guzzler. Planet murderer! 

I was astonished when I got my 2nd new truck. The replacement from the accident. I had to get the same make model and year because of insurance. I originally have a 5.2 V8 but the last one left within 150 miles was a V8 6.3. Best I got on the 5.2 was 16 town 24 hwy. I'm getting 20 in town, 27 on the main hwys around the city and when I went to NJ last summer before the coof I got 29.9. You would think the bigger engine would be worse bur it was far far better.

10 hours ago, Zargg said:

That's up towards Norwegian prices, so agree;)

Compared to Europa these prices ( 3 dollar a gallon) are cheap.

We have to  pay arround 6,50 -7 dollar a gallon including more as 50 % tax. 

Edited by Pragi

13 hours ago, Bapu said:

My tank is 21 gallons.

Bapu Fuelling Bapu's ride (@21 USG) - approx $84

Paulo Fuelling Paulo's ride (@ 21 USG) - approx $145

No wonder he's got all that spare plug-in money.......

• Haha 1

You guys are lucky; we're up to about $9 per gallon here in NZ.

But as to the original question, yes 🙂

The last time I was in the market, I thought the G&L's Tribute line was the best import series. Honestly, I probably prefer the MIK ASAT Special I had to the USA model I replaced it with.

16 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

Geez. New Ac/Heat in your studio, 21 gallon gas guzzler. Planet murderer! 

I was astonished when I got my 2nd new truck. The replacement from the accident. I had to get the same make model and year because of insurance. I originally have a 5.2 V8 but the last one left within 150 miles was a V8 6.3. Best I got on the 5.2 was 16 town 24 hwy. I'm getting 20 in town, 27 on the main hwys around the city and when I went to NJ last summer before the coof I got 29.9. You would think the bigger engine would be worse bur it was far far better.

I'm finding that hard to believe.  What make, model, and year?

I miss the older smaller trucks like the S10, Ranger.  I have a 99 Sonoma with 250K miles.  Once you go truck it's hard to go back to a car. 

6 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

The last time I was in the market, I thought the G&L's Tribute line was the best import series. Honestly, I probably prefer the MIK ASAT Special I had to the USA model I replaced it with.

PRS SE's are nice. 

21 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

Yeah. The Feds seizing your inventory, multiple times, tends to have that effect on companies.

They were in serious financial trouble.  They bought Cakewalk in hopes of gaining more income.  People hadn't forget about the other software they sunk.

22 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

I'm finding that hard to believe.  What make, model, and year?

I miss the older smaller trucks like the S10, Ranger.  I have a 99 Sonoma with 250K miles.  Once you go truck it's hard to go back to a car. 

The trick is you have to understand how to drive what you are driving. I always get better mileage than my wife does in her 4 cyl. for example. It's becausr she just goes and doesn't think about it. I used to drive 45K miles a year for work and I watched my mpg like a hawk. I had a Honda Fit and got 47 mpg in it. I started keeping an excel spreadsheet with mileage because nobody believed me.

What opened my eyes was the realtime mpg indicator on the dash of my truck. If you go slow it takes you longer to get from point A to point B and you get 4 to 6 mpg when you gi from a dead stop. You still get 4 to 6 mpg if you accelerate faster but you get to a more 'coasting' speed quicker which uses less gas. I see these old farts going 20 - 25mph in a 40mph zone thinking they are saving gas and are actually using more because the engine has to work harder to pull the weight of the truck. 

What I do is get to the speed limit as quick as I can and I set my cruise control even in slow zones. You can't set it below 35 so I set it at 35 and back it down. I coast if nobody is behind me if I can from long distanced to stop signs and lights. 

Here's a screenshot of the dash of my truck. It's a 2018 GMC Sierra. I had a brand new 2018 GMC Sierra but a school bus ran a stop sign and totalled it and almost killed me. The only one I could find to replace it was the one I found with a bigger engine.

The pic of the one with Best 24mpg is my V8 5L the pic with Best 29.9 is my current V8 6L.

20181218_101907_HDR.jpg

20200619_135743_HDR~2.jpg

11 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

Yes, the g&l guitars are a bargain.

I can  recommend FGN guitars , very nice guitars for a good price.