So, are Sterling by Music Man to Ernie Ball Music Man like Squier to Fender?

Bapu

Seeing how everything is overpriced and the government backed corporations suck the life and finances and future out of the population here in what used to be The United States of America I think you'd be better of buying something overseas where paying someone $.32 cents an hour actually is a decent wage and they still put a little pride in to their work as well and will actually work.

Everything coming out of Mexico, Japan, and China far exceeds the overpriced garbage being produced here.

But I could be wrong. I don't know.

9 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Shane you can do my floor for that price 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorry. Gas is back up to $3 a gallon and steadily climbing. Can't afford to drive there. I don't know what happened. It was $1.67 a few short months ago. The economy is dying again too and it was great a few short months ago as well.

Much like the cause of all the problems ... I have no clue what's going on around me. I'm just Bidin' my time waiting for the hammer and sickle to fall.

15 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I'm glad I work from home (full time, as we are now 100% virtual). Gasoline is over $4/gal (for regular) here in California.

Glad to hear that. My wife was working from home for over a year. I thought we'd be at each others throats but we actually got along great. Seems we needed to spend more time together. I'm not worried about when she's retired anymore.

Gas is about $4 here too for Premium. Diesel too. I use it in my tractor. I have the smallest Kubota makes. Takes me 4 hours to mow my place once sometimes twice a week. It has a bucket I take off when I mow and I use it a lot for everything around here. I guess I've traded my music for the country living domestic life. At least I don't have to go to KC every day and I do thank God every day for that. I am very grateful and very lucky.

Regular gas is just shy of $3 for low grade here. It was $1.67. 

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Are you ok? Last time I went was 14 ... 15 years ago. I'm good.

We went down to see the zoo, etc...    My MIL couldn't go 4 years ago with us because her husband was too sick to leave alone.  She really wanted to go with us.  My daughter starts college in a couple weeks and sort of did a spare at the moment 3 day weekend. We all had a good time.  Though it was sad to see how many in the good ole state of Missouri were not wearing masks. Say over 80% yet the state is  way down in vaccinations.  Anyway all of us are fully vaccinated and we were the odd ones out wearing masks.    I'll stop at this point because it is a music forum even if it is the coffee house ;)

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

We went down to see the zoo, etc...    My MIL couldn't go 4 years ago with us because her husband was too sick to leave alone.  She really wanted to go with us.  My daughter starts college in a couple weeks and sort of did a spare at the moment 3 day weekend. We all had a good time.  Though it was sad to see how many in the good ole state of Missouri were not wearing masks. Say over 80% yet the state is  way down in vaccinations.  Anyway all of us are fully vaccinated and we were the odd ones out wearing masks.    I'll stop at this point because it is a music forum even if it is the coffee house ;)

The Zoo is great. So is the Budweiser factory tour and the Arch is cool too although I refused to go in it. Heights ain't my thang.

It's getting bad here again regarding the coof. I wouldn't be surprised if they made people start working from hime again.

To keep it on topic when I was there at the Bud factory tour I hit a music store a block away. I thought they were closed but the bars on the windows and steel folding doors are apparently a thing there once you get 1 block beyond the Bud factory campus/safe zone.

Edited by Shane_B.

4 hours ago, Jim Roseberry said:

Yes, that's their import series.

I remember their SUB series which was an affordable MIA line they had to drop because of costs.  I did score a reduced SUB 5 bass for $500 over 10 years ago.  These might be collector items.  It's like wearing a railroad tie.

4 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

Seeing how everything is overpriced and the government backed corporations suck the life and finances and future out of the population here in what used to be The United States of America I think you'd be better of buying something overseas where paying someone $.32 cents an hour actually is a decent wage and they still put a little pride in to their work as well and will actually work.

Everything coming out of Mexico, Japan, and China far exceeds the overpriced garbage being produced here.

But I could be wrong. I don't know.

Your post verges on the no politics allowed.  Fuel prices do raise the price of everything.  I do wonder about the sales of instruments in general.  We have a everything easy no work necessary culture and it's less hassle to buy some earbuds and listen to stuff on a phone.  Some musicians like to blame it on DAWs but even that takes a lot of time and financial investment.  I think we have become lazy.

Were I live it's more evident in the wind instrument world.  

I guess Gibson has improved in their quality control.

18 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

I remember their SUB series which was an affordable MIA line they had to drop because of costs.  I did score a reduced SUB 5 bass for $500 over 10 years ago.  These might be collector items.  It's like wearing a railroad tie.

MusicMan makes great instruments.

About 10 years back, I bought a pair of Silhouette guitars (HH with FR Trem).

They were blue and green translucent finished... with Ash bodies.

Weight was about 7.5 lbs for each

Nice looking, playing, sounding guitars.

Can't give a good reason why I sold them.

I got them new from GC for ~$1600 each.

Those same guitars today would be ~$3500 each.

MusicMan prices have gotten to the point where they're about even with PRS Core series.

Love MusicMan Stingray basses.

Some of the best (IMO) you can get.

Live... they just work so well.

The US made Sub series may already be collectable.

If not already, I'm sure they will be at some point.

16 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Your post verges on the no politics allowed.

I give up trying to figure out what's tos and not so I just say what I want now and let the fella's in charge delete what they want. Make them earn their keep.

Last night I had a post deleted that was a reply with a video to a post with a video by the same artist. I said I loved her and that the video I posted was her latest. That's it. His post is still there and mine was deleted. I give up. Lol.

4 hours ago, Bapu said:

Gasoline is over $4/gal (for regular) here in California.

4 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

Gas is back up to $3 a gallon and steadily climbing. Can't afford to drive there

Poor babies.......let us know when it gets over $7 and I might just start to feel a little bit sorry for you.😀

30 minutes ago, paulo said:

Poor babies.......let us know when it gets over $7 and I might just start to feel a little bit sorry for you.😀

I'm not really complaining. I'm getting  2-3 months to the tank these days. Pre COVID I was using ~2 tanks a month.

My tank is 21 gallons.

1 hour ago, paulo said:

That's up towards Norwegian prices, so agree;)

Edited by Zargg